Just Launched...

Highlighted
2 0 0

five days ago.  I've used Facebok advertising and reached 4551 people, 184 engagements, and only 71 link clicks.  I'm a women's clothing retailer, and found ample competition for some of the same pieces online and have had to reduce my prices in response.  I plan to roll out unique items in phases, so i'm attempting to build a name with dropshipped items as an introduction.  I have not been consistenty active on SM prior to my decision to go into business.  I'm not sure if it's a lack of SM emgagement or the inabiity to convert looks into engagements, engagements into clicks, and clicks into purchases.  Tonight, I added new products and updated collection images to stay fresh.  I haven't synced with Google AdWords, yet, beause I am not sure that my site is at its best, though when acting as a customer I haven't had any problems since before I opened.  

To be honest, I wasnt sure about getting into clothing, yet, just handbags and jewelry but I like clothes and fashion so much it was hard to avoid temptation.  Does anyone think it's too late to shrink down to handbags and jewelry?  I also don't want to seem like I'm giving up, but I find that I am more excited about the handbags and jewelry.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 48

Hi, Stephanie!

Your site looks great and you've got a tasteful selection of products, seems like you're off to a good start. Paring down your product selection to handbags and jewelry is probably a good idea as specializing in a smaller number of products reduces your workload, and allows you to focus on brand development more easily.

Where I would say your site needs work is in its content. Content is what captivates people's interest in a product or website. Originial images, videos, and narratives will bring a human connection to your brand that visitors can identify with. You want your brand to feel authentic. 

A great way to create authenticity in your brand is by creating original content through your own creative content. Order some of your products and take lifestyle photographs using them. You'll build up a catalogue of images and videos that you can then use on your website, and on social media. Original content will bring life and energy to your brand that a supplier's stock images can not. Here's a guide on how to create lifestyle photographs.

Something else you could do is position your About Us page in the header navigation and add a picture of you and Penelope the cat, you don't have to show your face, if you don't feel comfortable with that, but something to make the site feel slightly less anonymous will help build trust with visitors.

I hightly recommend you take some of the free courses at Hub Spot Academy. Hubspot specializes in inbound marketing and is full of valuable knowledge that will help you in creating your inbound marketing strategy.

Hope this helps!

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks alot, Ash.  I've been thinking about content and will get started.  I also made some collar tags for Penelope with the store name engraved on them before opening, but got too shy to use them in pictures.  I'll get on that project again.  Thanks.  I also thought about a unique logo, having an artist put what's in my head on paper because I cannot draw or sketch, so, maybe that'll help, too.  

0 Likes