Just a few quick set up questions

4 0 0

Hi!  I am setting up my shop and aI just have a couple quick questions.  I've been browsing but haven't found what I'm looking for.

I didn't choose to track inventory, as I can create as much of an item as is needed.  But I'm thinking that may have been wrong?  I need to make sure they can order how many they need of an item whether it be one or a dozen.  And also, I have shipping set up by weight so I'm hoping shipping would be combined?

Also, is there a place at check out where they can leave me a message as for personalization on an item, etc?

Finally, it's a necessity that I can chat back and forth via message/email easily while I'm working on creating a design for them.  Is this available here?  I'm used to selling on etsy and rely on this heavily.

Thanks so  much for your help!  

0 Likes
3 0 0

Please share your password to look into your store. 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Why would you need to look at my store to answer my questions?  These are general questions that anyone with a shop set up would know?

0 Likes
Explorer
258 0 21

If inventory is turned off the customer can order as many as they like so that should work for you. Shipping is unaffected by the inventory and if they order 10 items weighing 1kg each then that will match up with which ever 10kg rule you have setup.

There is an option for the customer to leave you a message at the cart stage but not the checkout stage. You would be better looking into line items so you can have the customization directly on the product itself - https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/get-customization-information-for-products

Email isn't part of Shopify. You would use your exisiting email setup although you can have a "Message Us" form on the website which basically just sends a pre-formatted email. You can use Facebook Messenger as part of Shopify as well.

0 Likes
3 0 0

True!! But your question is also depending on products. Product will decide that not to choose track inventory is right or wrong? 

Also at chect out page, you can set live chat integration to help your customer. They can also mail you as well. 

Shopify is a good enough to achieve 6 or 7 figure. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thank you!  This is exactly what I needed to know!

0 Likes