Just created my first store, so I’m new at this. Would really appreciate feedback.

Solved
grey1018
2 0 0

I know I need to add more products, I’m still working on that. I would just like to know if anyone has any ideas on what I can do to improve my store. 

I wanted a little Mom and Baby boutique, so I decided to create one on Shopify. 

https://daisygrey-co.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
vinods
Shopify Partner
485 9 84

Hi @grey1018 

There are lot of things which are not on your store see below : 

Make the website menu with all important links

Add more details in product details page.

Add correct shipping information

Contact page

About page

Top promo area is showing some issues

Let me know if you need my service to set-up your store. 

Thank you. 

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
871 114 289

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @grey1018,

Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

screencapture-daisygrey-co-myshopify-2021-05-14-09_48_54.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

SALES CHANNELS
Once you have your social pages setup, I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

POLICIES
You need to add in your shipping policy, return policy, privacy and terms of service. Shopify has made this extremely easy, you can add them with a click of a button (except for shipping policy because it will vary depending on the store). After they are auto generated you can take a read through each one and adjust them as needed. Here is a video showing how to add them:

CONTACT PAGE
You will also need a contact page. Shopify has made this super easy as well. Here is a video showing how to create one:

NAVIGATION
Instead of having "Shop" I would just add in your different collections ie. Mom, Baby, Mommy & Me etc.

POD PRODUCTS
This is something we see very commonly on the forums. People tend to start shops selling Print on demand (POD) designs on hoodies, shirts, tote bags and etc. Print on demand products tend to work well for people with large followings. Ie. popular YouTubers, Instagram influencers, etc. When you don’t have an existing following of die-hard fans that want to wear your merch, it’s a hard sell.
The POD design mistakes we see most commonly are:

1. Designs that are already commonly sold
  2. Brands using their own logo (when no one knows who they are)
  3. Unique designs, however, there is no demand for that type of product (and no one knows about them.)

When you are an unknown brand, it’s really difficult to sell POD products. As you know, shirts, hoodies, tote bags and etc. can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a hoodie or t-shirt in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery. I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store. 

If you cannot find a way to set yourself apart in the market, it is time to move on to a different product. What we recommend is selling winning products. A winning product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend 3x what it costs you for the product.

We did a video that explains how and where to find winning products that you can watch here:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try (one of the methods we recommend for finding winning products), here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

POD TIP
I'd recommend looking into alternative products to print on that would give you better profit margins. Hoodies and t-shirts tend to be pretty costly and then adding shipping costs on top of that - it doesn't leave much for you. Your only choice is to price your product higher but then you run the risk of being priced too high to the point where you aren't getting sales.

When searching, compare Gooten, Printify and Printful for the best price so that you can offer your audience a great price and still be able to make a decent profit as well.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
ZoeM
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi love the momy and me section.

I think you should add about and a blog

Cheers ZoeM 

https://oldfashioned.online/