Just launched my store. Need some feedback!

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello!
I just launched my website and would love some feedback on it!

www.dinotoys.com.au

Things I am aware of:

Logo needs less padding in the header

Hero photo is being created atm

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @DinoToysAus,

I like that you've chosen a niche (dinosaur toys).

dinotoys-home.png

At the top where you have Home, Catalog, Collections - I'd recommend changing that to "Toys" "Puzzles" "Clothing" "Accessories" or something like that. It just gives a first time visitor a quick glance at what you sell so that they know you have what they are looking for.

The space that takes up my screen upon landing on your website is prime real estate. I'd recommend doing some work there to really make a great first impression. Things like making that blue bar smaller and changing your "Hot Sale" banner to feature a product/(s) instead.

My last piece of advice is to spend some time on your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
753 17 208

Hi @DinoToysAus !

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Add clear CTAs -they help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1455 74 247

Hello @DinoToysAus, I hope you are doing good! Here is the feedback that will help you to make your store even better:

• The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
  • The product page looks good.
  • Create the drop-down menu in 'all products' in the header menu.

Some of the essential marketing tools that you should add to maximize customer engagement & drive conversions:

• Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the losing customer to your store.
  • Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.
  • Welcome customers with welcome & discount popup.
  • Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks!

I have fixed it up a bit.

I really want to make the blue bar smaller but have no idea how.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
428 16 90

Hi @DinoToysAus  welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.

Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!

Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
33 2 10

Hello @DinoToysAus, I hope you are doing well!

Your store looks ok, you can improve your store by choosing a better and more engaging theme for your website which is more childish-looking since your products are only for kids and also if you want to improve your current design you can start off with working on the homepage which looks awfully static, fix your search bar overlapping the 'Wishlist' navigation button and lastly create a drop-down menu for different product categories in the navigation bar. People tend to on an organized place rather than an unorganized one.

When I was exploring your store I didn't find a proper description for any product customers usually product descriptions helpful before purchasing any product and also it's an essential part for building the trust of the customers.

In addition, I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have no meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

Moreover, you can fix your product title for better reach, a title must have the essential information about the product take Amazon’s titles for example. 

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks for the feedback!

Currently working on a new theme.

I have fixed the overlapping issue.

I am also currently working on all the product descriptions and Titles to be better for SEO. . Please let me know what you think of them now!

0 Likes