Just launched our site

Tourist
12 0 0

Hello,

Could you take a look at our site? Any comments or suggestions will be really appreciated.

Newby here..

thoughtapparel.com

Thanks.

0 Likes

Congrats on the new store. Great design style so far. You have put in a lot of work to get here and it shows. Here are some ways to make your store even better:

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as there are no boxes/section to block off content. It just feels like one long page with no place to rest.

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

3. I would consider adding a drop down menu to add a theme section....that way you can group your t-shirts and give people another way to shop. Looking over your store, some tees fee like science related and others religion. Just a thought.

4. If you plan to make more bags, that should get a link on the main menu

Product Page  Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search. Most of your product description is similar across t-shirts. Figuring out how to make each description unique for the product should be a long term SEO goal

5. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Tourist
12 0 0
Hello,

Many thanks for your review, very helpful. I will go ahead and implement most of what you suggest.
I have a question, about this point:

Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

I handle more than one type of t-shirt, actually 4 to be precise, the measurements of these are not the same, and I think it is a lot to ask from a client to figure out which is the t-shirt they are ordering to find it in a product measurement page.
Don’t you think? Maybe you are thinking of something I am not visualizing.

Thank you,
Germán
0 Likes

@axolotl wrote:
Many thanks for your review, very helpful. I will go ahead and implement most of what you suggest.
"Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional".

I handle more than one type of t-shirt, actually 4 to be precise, the measurements of these are not the same, and I think it is a lot to ask from a client to figure out which is the t-shirt they are ordering to find it in a product measurement page.

Thank you,
Germán

Most major websites will have the sizing chart as a separate page or at least hidden within a drop down or as a popup box. A lot of brands sell different size products, you just have to label it so they can find what they are looking for. You can keep it on the page if you want, just looks messy from a design POV.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Astronaut
796 50 178

Hi Axolotl,

Your store looks really beautiful and is unique with the products .I reviewed your store and I would suggest you to improve few things to become more user friendly as it builds additional level of trust with the customer , here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily .With a little patience and some tips, you can reach good amount of sales.

Anwering to your questions , you should definitely try to expand to different countries despite of the extra effort and don't invest in ADS to get sales, rather invest in APPS. 

1. In the UI part, I would say make you can align navigation menu , logo and to the same line by reducing  logo size as it will surely add to the beauty and save lot if space.Even you can create a Professional logo as this one does'nt look great.
  2. You can add a slider with few banner images and place the Welcome text on it.
  3. You can make your social icons of some different couple as this one is barely visible.Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  4. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  5. For better quality traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisement from the popular app Kit .  Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee,  Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  6. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty https://thoughtapparel-com.myshopify.com/search?q=. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  7. Lastly, You have over 100 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 0

I understand, thank you for your feedback.

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 0

Mhh....

I do not see my reply posted on the site, so it looks like I am not responding to you.

Thank you for the explanation about the sizing chart.

Germán

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 0

@DuaneBrown wrote:

@axolotl wrote:
"Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional".

Thank you,
Germán

Most major websites will have the sizing chart as a separate page or at least hidden within a drop down or as a popup box. A lot of brands sell different size products, you just have to label it so they can find what they are looking for. You can keep it on the page if you want, just looks messy from a design POV.

Thank you for the explanation about the sizing chart, I agree, I'll have to think about a way to implement this, since I have more than one t-shirt on my site and the measurements are not quite identical.

Germán

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 0

@neha-sparq wrote:

Hi Axolotl,

Your store looks really beautiful and is unique with the products .I reviewed your store and I would suggest you to improve few things to become more user friendly as it builds additional level of trust with the customer , here are some of my feedbacks that you can implement on the site easily .With a little patience and some tips, you can reach good amount of sales.

Anwering to your questions , you should definitely try to expand to different countries despite of the extra effort and don't invest in ADS to get sales, rather invest in APPS. 

1. In the UI part, I would say make you can align navigation menu , logo and to the same line by reducing  logo size as it will surely add to the beauty and save lot if space.Even you can create a Professional logo as this one does'nt look great.
  2. You can add a slider with few banner images and place the Welcome text on it.
  3. You can make your social icons of some different couple as this one is barely visible.Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  4. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  5. For better quality traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisement from the popular app Kit .  Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee,  Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  6. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty https://thoughtapparel-com.myshopify.com/search?q=. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  7. Lastly, You have over 100 products. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Hi Neha,

Thank you for your review, I have added the search tool as you suggested, it is great,  and are considering other comments you made since some of these changes I can probably make them myself if I learn some liquid;  I wonder what do you mean when you say: "

1. You can add a slider with few banner images and place the Welcome text on it." What is a slider?

Thanks again.

Germán

0 Likes
Astronaut
796 50 178

I suggested this because in an e-commerce, I have'nt seen text written on the landing page .To get a catchy glimpse on the first sight , I suggested you to add some banner images and place "Welcome " text on it.
I hope it might help you in adding beauty to the store. 

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes