Just started Jay Yoga shop + Question about SEO

Martin_Zdražil
Tourist
8 0 3

Hello guys,

we have just started our shop at https://jay-yoga.cz. We also started advertising on Facebook Ads and Google Search. Do you please have any recommendations specificaly for our shop? Is there anything that you'd do differently or something that we should fix?

Also, I have a question about SEO. How important is the name of the product and product URL for the SEO? We sell in the Czech Republic, but our products have English names. Would it be much better to name them in the local language (Czech)?

Thanks a lot for feedback, and a guideance according SEO.
Martin

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
826 34 291

Hey, Martin!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I think your store looks great! I love the images, the clear selling points and clear explanations on what your business is about.

I would work on your Facebook and Instagram accounts before spending a lot of money on ads. The Instagram is great but it looks like more of a personal account than a business account and it's confusing because the store is focussed on South Korea but the Instagram account is focussed on a yoga teacher in Prague. There's nothing wrong with this but I would make it clearer on your homepage where the products are located and where they ship to. Not all images have to be of the products you're trying to sell. I'd come up with maybe four content pillars. One would be the products, one would be lifestyle images of yoga teachers, one could be other healthy lifestyle related posts such as healthy eating and the other could be hints and tips. These are just examples, you know your business way better than I do. We have a free course on Instagram Marketing on Shopify Academy. I also love this guide for a shorter run down.

I would recommend you run a Like campaign until you've got at least 100 likes on your Facebook page. Only then would I spend money on other ads to specifically convert sales. Make sure you're posting regularly on both Facebook and Instagram (once a day) to keep interest in your products.

The language of your product titles is less important than making sure your keywords match what people are likely to be searching for so I'd give that some thought. If you want to ship globally, having the names in English makes sense. If the Czech Republic is your main target market, Czech names might be better.

If you haven't already, make sure you submit your sitemap to encourage Google to crawl your site. You can get more information on SEO in this guide and I'd recommend you watch the videos by Helen Overland, a Google expert. Finally, have a look at Google’s 200 Ranking Factors: The Complete List (2019).

That will give you plenty to go on. I'm always happy to chat about your strategy so keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
janjurena
4 0 0

Hi Martin, it's been couple of months and I am interested how's your shopify journey going? Můžeš odpovědět i česky.

0 Likes