Just starting out. Need some constructive criticism

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

I just started my site last week. I used Fivver to help with set up. Been adding products, couple of videos. Been a Facebooker for years. Finally made the initial plunge into Instagram.

Need some constructive criticism on changes I should make. Thank you so much.

myhousewaresbyjules.com

Gene

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
129 27 31

Hi Gmele4,

What's you site URL?

- Yes, we build Shopify Apps. Hit me with your idea: https://vellir.tech
- Let customers preview your products and easily add them to cart with Peek Mode
- Add free, good looking social share icons with built-in analytics to your store with Share Lab
- Manage your new arrivals with Newr
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Off to a good start I am:

myhousewaresbyjules.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

As you are just starting out, there's an important principle for a homepage you need to keep in mind:

Always make it clear what you sell within 5 seconds.

From your homepage, it's hard to tell you are also selling back packs, men wipe, or breakfast basket. Homepage is where people get an overview of what the whole store sells, so make sure your visitors know what you sell right when they landed on your homepage:

• Above the fold area: Use a hero banner with high-quality products images and a brief description of the product ranges.
  • Feature collections: Feature the available collections right under the hero area is a way to quickly inform people about your available collections.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Use the Christmas template to skyrocket your sales.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 156

Hi @Gmele4 

I know how important it is get a full feedback from a neutral party, therefore will separate my notes that I took while browsing your site into a few sections and I truly hope you will find them useful. 

First impression

The pastel colors that you used are quite calming and cooperated with each other. The site itself is pretty simple to browse around. From the very first second of being on your site, a visitors understand what you are offering right away. 

Homepage 

It is my first time seeing testimonials on a hero banner, and I support that idea a lot. However, I suggest using high resolution images there. Hero banner is probably the very first and the most important section of creating first impression. It is also a marketing asset, therefore designing it thoroughly is crucial. 

The rest of the page is very detailed yet easy to understand, I suggest leaving it as it is. 

The only thing I would recommend, is try to stick to one container size. Let's say you started off with a wide banner, keep the rest in that wide sizing as well. 

I highly highly recommend placing categories right underneath the hero banner. I thought that you only offer kitchen stuff, but it turns out that you have outdoors things as well. To avoid such confusion, make sure you list your categories in a very noticeable place. 

You do not want to have this empty templates on your site. It is very unprofessional and kills conversion. 

Screenshot_23.png

Customer experience 

You mobile loading speed is low. 

Screenshot_24.png

See how many of your customers use mobile and if the percentage is high work on fixing that. 

Make more research on that, take a look on CSS that is not being used, use lazy load to optimize the speed. 

Create more social engagement. Add Reviews,  Referral programs, discounts etc. They all will "breathe in" life into your store. 

For enhancing customer experience, I suggest using our app Growave  It has over 10 features and does not affect your page loading speed.

Once you have that, I am sure your sales will increase significantly.  

Hopefully I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking this  post or marking it as a solution. 

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey Myhousewaresbyjules,

I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce. The login feature when added should be placed on the top right of the header for a logical store look. Some other keen observations for your store are as follows:

1. Currency converter should be added as you deal with worldwide shipping.
  2. Discounts need to be added for better customer engagement.
  3. Reviews need to be added below each product to improve customer choice.
  4. Testimonials and Instagram images need to be added for better brand promotion.
  5. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  6.  Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope your store advances and succeeds in achieving new heights very soon.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
153 6 15

Welcome Gmele4,

Are you free shipping everything on the site and including the cost to the item? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0
Everything but the food baskets

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0
Can you give me an example web site to check out so I can understand a little bit better on changes I should make?
Thank you for your input.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

Have you thought of adding some alternative payment options to the website? I heard Klarna was good for offering buy now, pay later options. I've used them before myself to to buy clothes and then break up the payments over time.