The store is for lights that I make, and I am only selling locally at the moment.
I am curious to what website design pros think about the use of GIF's, the solid black background, and the layout.
Many thanks for just looking!
First off, congratulations on making the move to Shopify! I'd be happy to offer up some feedback on your store. By the way, I like the idea of a single product store. The night cube seems pretty cool! I'm sure this has the potential to be a popular seller with more and more people opting to have home office setups and work from home.
The first thing that sticks out to me as an important factor to consider is your store design. I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out! Specifically, I would consider removing the pure black color as your background and replacing it with a neutral tone color. While a dark background may seem like a good idea at first, it typically doesn't translate well in eCommerce when selling products. A neutral background color (white, light grey, light beige, etc.) will allow your products to stand out as opposed to getting drowned out by the background.
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. Congrats on your store. I've visited your product page like you asked and I have some comments to make you page look even better
1. Product Image
- Always have at Least 3–5 Product Images to facilitate visual evaluation. You have more than 5 product images but almost all of them are GIF for each variant, which does not help your customers to visualize the product better. I think you should include pictures from different angles and put the variation in the Product Description like this
- Always show products ‘In Scale’ which means you should provide a way for customers/visitors to visualize the real size of your product. This goal can be achieved by adding real pictures of your product (like the 1st image of yours but zoom out a little bit i think)
- Display or Link to the Return Policy from the Main Product Page Content
- Shipping policy should be added in the product page so customers can have an idea of how their product will be delivered
- Use delivery date rather than delivery speed, for example: 'package might arrive on xx/xx/xxxx' rather than 'the package will arrive in 3-5 business days'
- You can consider to add a section of Social Proofs/Testimonial
- You can add more pictures to showcase how good the product will make its owner's room be
You can consider using a Shopify app builder to do more customization to your page. This is the app I'm working on - PageFly. This app helps you easily customize your any Shopify page and make it more attractive.
If you find my comment useful, you can like or mark it as a solution. Have a great day!
Hello @MetalSutton, Hope you are well. For an owner with very little experience, you have done a pretty good job. Here are my suggestions:
It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types. You should also add a Call-To-Action (CTA) or a Shop Now button to the banner, so that users can be redirected to the relevant product page, without much delay.
The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.
Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.
The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing. Rule of thumb - never post unprocessed images on your website. In case you are looking to make your images sharp and professional, contact CutOutWiz for any image-related solutions.
You will be surprised how much you can benefit from a chatbot. It can collect your necessary customer data, help you analyze which stuffs are trending or in more demand, and overall solve your problems by answering common questions so you won't have to.
A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter.
Customers read user reviews more than they read product descriptions. If they find that 50 other people have liked your product and have purchased from you, it helps your credibility and they feel safer buying from you. So try to add some reviews of your products and services to your homepage.
People tend to buy more from people they can easily relate to. If you share your journey, your goals, and your aspirations with your customers, it will be easier for people to connect with you. If you can create an emotional connection with your visitors, people are sure to buy products from you.
People always don’t know everything about a product beforehand. When they see a product or show interest in a product, they want to know more about the different aspects and specifications of the product. If product descriptions fail to provide people with enough information about the product and fail to create an appeal for the product, the visitors won’t buy the product. So, provide elaborate and appealing product descriptions to every product to increase your sales.
Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you!
Hello @MetalSutton, here is the feedback:
- On the homepage, Add a banner image with a call to action button on it.
- After the banner image display the product with its product description and call to action button like 'Buy Now', 'Add to Cart'.
- Being a single product store you should add an engaging video of the product to engage & attract visitors coming to your store.
- Add reviews on the homepage. Reviews help in building trust with other visitors. For reviews, you can install the app AiTrillion.
- Add quick links in the footer.
- Images are not loading on the product page.
- Add announcement bars or timers to promote your offers on the store. AiTrillion has pre-designed templates of announcement bar, timer & sales motivator bars.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
- Add a newsletter discount popup. You can try AiTrillion for exit-intent & discount popup. It has many other popups like review popup, loyalty reward popup.
Hope this helps!