LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK ON MY STORE AND HOW I CAN IMPROVE MY WEBSITE/PRODUCT FUNNEL

Solved
maurant
Excursionist
24 0 10
I did not get any conversions...I just want some feedback on my store and if I should make any changes to the product funnel or website for this car seat dog product.
I have also attached the images for the conversion campaign I had run with 2 creatives per adset over 6 adsets. Please kindly review these metrics and let me know what is it that I should change. Thanks! 

Interest Testing Phase Image 1Interest Testing Phase Image 1Interest Testing Phase Image 2Interest Testing Phase Image 2
0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @maurant,

Hyde here from Shopify. Interesting question!

It's great that you're getting stuck into paid advertising and marketing, but before you even consider that you need to be certain of who you're marketing to.

Who is your customer? What kind of car do they drive? What social media do they hang out on? What kind of trips are they taking with their dog in the car? What kind of dog are they likely to have? Who influences their decisions? Are they high or low tech? There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

Once you've got a clear avatar for who your customer is, you can then think about your price points and the aesthetic of your store. Is $60 a bit pricey for a pet's back seat car cover when you can buy much much cheaper alternatives elsewhere? If you're targeting the kind of customer who could afford that sort of pet product, does your store aesthetic and content speak to them?

I've noticed that while your store is called "Puppy Style", the larger part of your product offering actually is clothes wear:

20-10-0a7ke-67iw6

While I completely understand the logic given your (brilliant) mission statement, I wonder if you could not tie your store name and content together a bit more. Create a motto or slogan that incorporate your store name to help clarify that the store is not simply about style for your puppy, but that you also sell clothing for humans to celebrate their puppy.

You could consider running a parallel marketing campaign on Facebook to promote your content. To this end, you might want to think about creating a blog or a video that can further elaborate on your brand purpose and help draw customers in to make conversions.

Finally, 3 days isn't actually that long a period of time. You'll probably get a better sense of how your ads are performing after a week or two of running them. That said, we have a great blog post on improving your conversions right here.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

maurant
Excursionist
24 0 10

Hey Hyde! 

I really appreciate your thoughts on how I can optimize my store and thank-you for sharing the great blog posts on creating a customer avatar and conversion rate optimization. I will also begin to make the adjustments you had mentioned to me regarding the price, brand slogan, and blog to build brand purpose. 

I had a couple questions: 

Does the theme (impulse) i'm using suit a pet/dog lover store well? 

Is my store mobile friendly? 

By looking at the FB metrics, should I start with a narrower demographic or is targeting all of US, all genders, and 18-65+ a good way to start my advertising campaign? (I will make sure to run it longer and will be getting a professional video ad made - will be testing 2 video ads and 1 image ad) 

What benchmark metrics should I be looking for on the first phase of interest-testing before moving onto the next phase of ads? 

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
730 73 131

I'm glad you found that all helpful! In relation to your subsequent questions:

I hope you don't mind me saying that you shouldn't really be asking whether or not the Impulse theme is suitable for a pet-dog lover store. This is because themes aren't really built with a product line in mind. They provide features that you use or discard to your advantage because of what you want your brand to say and how you want to say it. 

So if you decide that photography is crucial to your product, for example, you might look for a theme that has a visually arresting layout, with galleries and Instagram feeds and sliders. If you thought you might have quite a large inventory, you'd want a theme that caters to big inventories and provides things like big bulk menus. 

In other words, decide how you're going to communicate your brand to customers and what tools you'll need to do so. Then find the theme that provides those tools. 

In relation to what demographics you should be targeting, showing your store as a brand that is an authority in a particular niche is a great way to set yourself apart from your competitors. Even though you may not be manufacturing your products, your brand can show itself to be the best curator in your niche. As a consequence, you end up appealing to a niche (or very particular) crowd. Probably the best explanation of this is by Seth Godin here:

You need to basically decide who your tribe is, and then direct your paid advertising, your content, your brand visual identity, your content to that particular kind of person. Don't try to appeal to everyone or you'll end up attracting no one. Does that make sense?

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes