LOTS OF TRAFFIC, ADD TO CART AND PROCEED TO CHECKOUT BUT NO SALES

Solved
klassichic1
2 0 1

Hi Everyone, 

I launched my site a few weeks ago, since then I have got almost 1000 store visits but only 2 Abandoned Carts and No Sales! 

I've asked a few professionals what I'm doing wrong or something I could change but they haven't mentioned anything in particular or significant that could be the reason.

Here's the link to my store: https://klassichic.store

I'd really appreciate any tips or feedback.

thank you.

This is an accepted solution.

Dear @klassichic1 

Congratulations for your store!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

klassspeed.png

• Add favicon
  • Add predictive search feature
  • Have a clear header bar to help users locate the products they're looking for. Example of Good Header
  • Add CTA at hero banners
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
  • Highlight your USP - What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button , Sticky cart - A sticky cart icon or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product page layout needs to improve.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Do ON PAGE SEO
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
Munn
Shopify Partner
480 17 100

Hi @klassichic1 welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

Hey there, @klassichic1!  

That’s frustrating to get traffic but no bites. Let’s see what we can do to help that.

First, the easy fixes. These may not have a direct impact on sales across the board, but they are best practices:

• Make sure you have a favicon
  • For your announcement bar, remove the social media icons. Because they desperately need to be linked. Right now, your social media icons are going to be tied to that bar, which will make it harder to link them. Instead of spending hours on it, focus on linking your announcement bar to your products. I would also look at your messaging - “Free shipping over 70%” is confusing. Over 70% of your products? Over 70% of your purchase? Clean that up to make it easier to understand. 
  • Social media links: I found more social media links in the footer, which is great. However, yours aren’t linked. Make sure they are linked (right now they aren’t) and open in a new tab.

Let’s start on the homepage.

Before we really dive in, we have to talk about the hero image. Let’s break it down:

• Image: Your image isn’t bad, but it needs to be cropped so that it doesn’t take up as much space from top to bottom. I would also test different images to see if there are better ones that relate to your customers. 
  • Messaging: Instead of using your store name here, focus on something more enticing. Draw your visitors in with something that makes them say, “YES! I want to see these products!” 
  • Value statement: “I actually wear glasses because I need them to see” doesn’t make sense for your brand. You don’t sell prescription sunglasses, or did I miss some products? Instead, I would create a phrase that is punchy and interesting to your visitors.
  • CTA: Make sure you have a CTA button that stands out and is linked to your collections.

Moving on to the rest of the homepage...

• Mission statement: Move this to your About Us page rather than feature it so high on the homepage. It’s not bad to have, but it’s not necessary at this point.
  • Overall layout: Instead of jumping into your products, I would utilize collections to highlight your products rather than jumping in. Use a click heatmap to see how people are using your website and engaging rather than falling into the assumption that if you include it, they will click on it. 
  • Scroll heatmaps will help you evaluate how far people are scrolling on your site. It will help show you what information people are missing and how that impacts their overall behavior on your site.
  • Why buy from us? Again, fix the “Free shipping over 70%” because it’s very unclear what you mean. Make sure the icons are linked to pages that support those values.

Footer

• Again, I don’t think you need your Klassichic mission statement there. It’s a blanket statement that isn’t going to push a visitor, who may be on the fence about buying, to go ahead and buy. Let it live in the About Us section.
  • Newsletter: You have a double newsletter subscription form here right above the footer and in the footer itself. Keep one or the other but not both. Also, add value to the newsletter; give people a reason to want it. Do they get a discount? Free shipping? They don’t even know if they want to buy from you, not to mention stay updated!
  • Privacy Policy: Link the links and your email address. There were also several points that needed updating. For example, under Minors you need to insert the age. There were many places throughout the policy that need to be updated or delete the placeholders. 
  • Shipping Policy: I could clarify which items wouldn’t qualify for free shipping. A generic “most items” may be enough to scare some visitors away. 
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address.
  • Contact Us: There are some formatting issues here. It looks like it’s missing a header image. I would add more than just your email address - include a nice welcome message and expected turn-around times. Also, remove the phone number field from the form - it has a high abandonment rate.

Main Navigation

• I like that you’ve kept it short and simple, but it may be too simple. You want visitors to be able to be on a product page within 3-5 clicks, and lumping all of your products into one collection makes that tough. 
  • Expand your products into collections. You can still have a Shop All collection (i.e., your Catalog), but you should highlight those collections here as well. 
  • Keep on eye on session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website to capture everything someone did on your website. You want to see how they move around your store and get to those product pages.

Collection Page (In this case, Catalog)

• Filters are going to help you here. While you have some filters, they aren’t very helpful. Someone is going to struggle to pick a filter that actually helps them. If you are a first time visitor on a site looking at pages and pages of products, which filter would help you more: “Excellent in every design” or “Under $30”?
  • For most of us, helpful filters make a world of difference. Think of what your visitors would want to sort by. Type of item (i.e., shoe, purse, sunglasses, etc.), material, style, rating, price, color, etc. If you’re not sure what your visitors will think, ask a poll question with their top criteria for buying shoes or a purse. You can find some valuable nuggets of information in there.

Product Page

For reference, I’m on the A’reve page. 

• Add in shipping information/details around the price. Remember you said that MOST products have free shipping, so you HAVE to label which ones do or do not. 
  • Do you need the color drop-down? Since you have one color, I don’t think it’s needed here.
  • Be careful about the More Payment Options link. It was confusing to have it take me a cart when I wasn’t expecting that. 
  • A sizing chart is absolutely necessary here. I like that you’ve included the model information, but a sizing chart is still necessary. 
  • Where are the reviews? Make sure there are reviews here! 
  • For your payment options in both your footer and your product pages, why are you leaving out Amazon Pay and Shop Pay?  

In general, you have a great foundation to a Shopify store here, and I’m confident that you’ll find those pain points and issues soon with visitor behavior. When you can see what your visitors experience and find out what they want, you’ll be able to really optimize your site and their experience. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Hello @klassichic

The store is well designed. Most visitors may not buy these type of products immediately when they browse, but may come back to buy later. You may want to remind them or use apps to increase these conversions. If you want to try direct in-mail marketing to remind these customers you may want to look at this post

-Hygidots

Hygidots
0 Likes
klassichic1
2 0 1

thank you

0 Likes