LOTS OF TRAFFIC NO SALES

1 0 0

Hey guys, 

I am new to shopify. I have a very viable product. I created my store about a week ago and have been using google adwords and facebook ads to advertise my products. I am receiving about 130 visitors per day with 0 sales. My products are the lowest prices in comparison to a lot of other competitors. PLEASE HELP ME! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

www.sleepden.co

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi,

Honestly your website looks amazing. I love the logo and homepage image. The only minor things I would suggest is a favicon and social proof icons.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
550 18 173

Hey!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. ?

You have a nice looking store, it's laid out well. There are a few things worth thinking about though. 

First of all, despite your products being good value for money, compared to similar products from other stores, it's still a lot of money per item. When someone is thinking of spending $12 on a t-shirt, it's not that big of a decision for them. If they are considering spending over $500, or even $65 for that matter, they need to feel they can trust the store before they will be willing to do that. Check out our guide on Building Trust and Security. There's also a great blog post, 9 Ways to Earn Customer Trust When You Have Zero Sales.

It's great that you have a Contact Us form for your customers to reach out. You may want to go a step further though to make it easier for your customers to reach you and/or find the information they need to help them make their decision. A physical address or mailing address would be a good addition. If you're a small business working out of your own home, I can understand your hesitation with this. Keeping in mind the high value of some of your products, it will help you increase trust with your customers if you can do this. I think you should also consider using the Facebook Messenger Channel. It's an easy way for your customers to reach out and you can quickly respond using your phone when you're out and about. Customers can also use it to get order confirmations or even buy more products. An FAQ page is also a great idea. You can even use this free app to build one. You can find more examples of how stores have been creative with their contact page in this post. I have actually just noticed your phone number is on your website. I found it by accident though, it would make sense to add it to your contact form or somewhere else where it's more noticeable. 

I love your free shipping bar in your header. Free same day shipping is a great selling point. Although your shipping information is on your website, it would be useful to have a menu specifically for that so that people can click to go straight to it. I would also let people know where their items are shipping from.

After having a good look at your website, I'm left wondering who you are and why you're selling these particular products. Check out The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own).

You have a great refund policy. I would add a proper policy page to make it really clear how customers would go about returning items. Once again, this is about building trust. I would also add your terms of service and privacy policies. This guide will help you with that. 

You will have noticed I've linked to a few of our blog posts. The business lessons contained in our blog are incredible for anyone new to e-commerce but even seasoned entrepreneurs will pick up tips if they subscribe. We also have the brand new Shopify Academy where you can sign up for free courses to set you off on the right track. 

I believe you do have great products here. As you start to build your brand, I believe you can make a success of your store. Keep in touch!

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes