Landing page views but no sales or other page interaction

2 0 0

Hello Gurus,

Could you please help me in finding out where I am going wrong?

I started a FB traffic campaign from May13th to May18 and got below data for landing page

I had 549 sessions (attached screenshot 1) according to Google Analytics. 

These sessions were from two different FB ad sets as I was testing 2 different audience.

99% of the sessions were dropped off (snapshot 2) on the prod page only, which also explains high bounce rate. I believe, we also cant use session average and average time of user on page as majority of the customers didn't have any other interaction and they bounced back.

The average load time of page is 7.20 sec which is ~5% more than site average (6.84).

The main question is why audience didn't interact with anything else or we can say why no add to cart or any other event?.

What can be the issue, is it with website page load time, landing page or wrong audience?

Can you please give me some suggestions?

Thank you.
Snapshot 1.JPGsnapshot 2.JPGsnapshot 3.JPG
0 Likes
Highlighted

It's possible that you're using the wrong product for your ad. I'm also not sure if the pricing is realistic either.

When I landed on the page, and I looked at the domain and the logo, there was no indication whatsoever that the site sells bicycle accessories. That may be the reason why there are no other page interactions.

Your reviews look like fake reviews. Users can detect fake reviews a mile away. So I would suggest either using just the actual reviews, if you have them. Or minimizing the reviews to a more realistic number.

Most of these Facebook landing pages have either a timer or a product counter. I would suggest using either one to create a sense of urgency.

Note: If you aren’t sure whether you should turn off your ad, try waiting until it gets at least 1,000 impressions before investing more or shutting it down to test something new.

Good luck!

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
1 Like
2 0 0

Hello J-za,

Thank you for the response.

1. Yes product may be one possibility.

2. I think prices are fine as compare to amazon and features of product but I can definitely double check.

3. Correct. The domain and logo should show some relativity to Bicycle.

4. It would be interesting to test a timer or showing recent purchase orders or counter.

Yes, I am planning to do changes and test up to 1000 page views.

Regards.

0 Likes

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. I would ask myself why it's half off if I landed on that page.... is it discontinued or something wrong with the product. I bought some new bike items recently and quality and something that will last a while is important to me more then how much it costs. A bike and accessories are an investment.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes