Launched my store since Oct 2018 but hardly getting any sales and traffic

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Store: www.mellownaturals.com

Mellow Naturals is a Thailand-based natural skin care brand. I have tried adwords at the start to draw in traffic, but much too costly both locally and internationally given high competition among skin care products, especially natural skin care.

Now we are focusing on growing followers organically on Instagram (www.instagram.com/mellownaturals) to gain a loyal fan base, but also been using a lot of paid ads on Facebook (www.facebook.com/mellownaturals), but getting very little conversion or traffic to the store. 

The audience selection is targeted, and have been doing many tests to compare for lowest cost/highest engagement targets but still not much luck. We have gotten around 30 sales only in the last 6 months from the online store :(  Any advice on the store, to grow traffic, to optimise conversions, or digital marketing in general would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

You store looks beautiful and super clean looking, which is great for a skin brand. Here are some ideas you can tweak on your site... left some thoughts on how we look at Google and Facebook / Instagram remarketing for clients below.

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure your footer links to your refund/return. This will help build trust with your customers and set expectations

2. I would test having and not having the the top recommended section as the 4 products takes up a lot of space.

3. Carousels kills conversions rates ... I might not use this function for your customer reviews.

Product Page Feedback

1. Your product description looks good... might not have the text be bold. Can be distractions.
  2. Add your shipping and return/refund policy to all product pages. This is something that all buyers look for

3. Can you reorganizer your customer reviews... it's pretty long right now and makes the page feel longer then it should.

We recommend our ecommerce clients start off on Google Shopping (vs Google Search) as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. Then for Facebook we setup them with a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook.

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy.. you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/stated checkout but have not bought anything.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hell Duane,

Thank you for sharing some very useful tips and feedback. I will try to make the little tweaks as you suggested and also explore the Google and Facebook channels. Also very interesting to read on how carousels kill conversion rates, I always thought the opposite given how frequently they are used. And from reading up on that apparently homepage 'sliding' banners are also a bad thing! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Mellow Natural, 

There are various points about your store where you need to take care of:

1. The theme of your store should be changed because the images are of light colour and light colour theme doesn't reflect your products properly!

2. You must use at least 3 sliders in order to display the uniqueness of your products/business!

3. The Header section needs to be organised properly. The collections you've made should be more specific in order to make the store navigable for the visitors!

4. The body of your store needs to customised as well because there are  images placed which don't look to be appealing.

5. There are many more things in your store which needs improvement on a very high priority.

For marketing, I would suggest you to be active on social media as you are. Post on a daily basis with appealing images and captions in order to connect with more and more audience.

We can connect with over skype for facebook Ads discussion.

Thanks

Digital Marketing Executive
1 Like
Highlighted

You are welcome. Carousels are popular ....though not because they work. Don't forget to click "like" on my post to show support. Thank you.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Jackie,

Your store looks great! has a soft and peaceful vibe, the story sounds good, I would change it a bit, instead of using the word "against" which is negative I'd say don't believe in ... and say it's 100% Natural, in bold and i'd even buy/download free a banner/logo of a 100% natural and place it in every page.

Few inputs to consider:

For all the rest you've done a remarkable job,

For Facebook ads, you need to learn how to only target the audience that drives you add-to-carts and sales, use Dynamic ads and make sure your ads investment leads to getting value and learning who is your most likely to purchase audience by capturing the people who visited your store, added to cart and purchased, try using Facebook ads with our new Smart Ads app to help you get there fast from first audience targeting to full optimization: with https://apps.shopify.com/my-smart-ads

All the best!

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you very much for the input Sam, it is much appreciated. I have done some of the quick fixes for now.. changed to 'checkout', changed the buttons to a darker shade, but will have to decide on a more vibrant one before changing further, and removed the use of word 'against'. :)  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you very much for the ideas and improvements! Will definitely have the team look into the changes :) 

0 Likes