Launched our store today looking for feedback on sustainable fashion e-commerce site (tips + tricks)

SecondNature
1 0 1

Hey! We just launched our first Shopify store today! Would love people to take a look and provide any general feedback on their experience. All feedback welcome we're newbies to this and would like to hear any feedback including design, tips, tricks, customer purchase flows, addons etc. Store link below, thank you for taking to look  

https://secondnature.shop/

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
871 114 289

Hey @SecondNature,

Congratulations on the launch of your store! I've taken a look through and I have some feedback for you.

screencapture-secondnature-shop-2021-05-18-12_29_15 (1).png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

LOGO
Your logo is one of those things that holds a lot of weight in how professional or unprofessional your store looks. I would highly recommend having a professional logo done up for your store, it’s a worthy investment.

Once your logo is finished, you can match the fonts and colors in your store to your logo. This is going to level up your store even more and make you look very professional.

FAVICON
I’d recommend adding a favicon so that your visitors can find you quickly when they have multiple tabs open in their browser. We did a video on how to upload a favicon that you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

PRODUCTS
As you know, clothing and accessories can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a shirt or a pair of earrings in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

NAVIGATION
I would recommend splitting your products into collections and adding those links to your navigation bar. Ie. Jewelry, Tops, Skincare etc.  This will make it easier for your customers to find what they are looking for.

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience ((high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

REVIEWS
I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store. We did a video showing a free review app you can use and how to set it up:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
282 52 171

Hey there, @SecondNature!  

First of all, congrats on the launch! That’s always exciting, and I can’t wait to see how your business grows.

A few easy fixes first:

• Add a favicon
  • Make sure your social media links (in this case, your Instagram link) open in a new tab. 

My biggest tips for you:

Focus on your messaging
Clicking around your site and your social media pages, I’m still not sure what you sell. There’s opportunity here to really expand on how sustainable products make a difference and the effort you go to source products. Don’t make visitors tie the ends together - refine that message more.  

Use collections.
Visitors don’t typically have the patience to sit and scroll through a list of products that have no connection to each other. Divide them out rather than shoving them into one category.

Optimize your main navigation

Use a heatmap, which shows you where people click, to see how people use your main navigation. The About and Blog, though nice pages, can be moved to the footer. Having collections will let you send your visitors to the collection they most want to view. You may want to run a poll asking something like, “What matters most to you in buying sustainable products?” with options like price, sustainable materials, brand reputation, etc. 

Make your hero image work for you.

Look, I like your hero image. However:

• You don’t need to reiterate your brand. At this point, you want to sell your product line rather than your brand name.
  • Though I like the swimmer, what does this have to do with your brand? Connect it back to your brand. 
  • Add a call to action button and invitation to click on it. Make someone WANT to click on it. 

Evaluate your homepage.
I’m all about short homepages, but yours is almost too short. Instead of diving into your products (which may be confusing due to the wide range of products and prices), I would feature your collections instead. Evaluate your homepage with a scroll and click heatmap to better understand where your visitors are clicking and how far they scroll.

Review your policy pages.

Kudos for doing a great job linking your email address. That’s a hard thing to remember when you’re in the midst of creating a website. That being said:

• Refund policy: A 7-day return policy is incredibly short. I understand why you want it to be short, but that may scare away your visitors before they can even before customers.
  • Contact: Link your email address and add a simple form (name, email address and message). 
  • Shipping page: Add a shipping page with details on shipping costs and expected shipping time. Do you ship internationally? 

Ramp up your product pages
For reference, I’m on the Standard Fit Tee product page. 

• Reiterate shipping near the price. Remember that people may expect free shipping, especially for paying $45 for a t-shirt.
  • Add in a sizing chart. It’s absolutely necessary to include a sizing chart to help people see what size they should wear. 
  • Don’t forget about care instructions. Instead of the style details (which scream more dropshipper than anything), add in care instructions. 
  • Include reviews - your customers will want to let people know their experience, and your visitors will want to read them. 

It sounds like a lot, but really you’re so close. You’re almost there. There are things like newsletter forms (make sure you add value!!) or a live chat (make sure it has chat invites). The bottomline is that you need to use visitors themselves to evaluate your store and learn more about what you can improve.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes

Hello @SecondNature ,

I just had look into your website, It's looking good. I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> You can add the item reviews under product page, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
-> You can begin giving dedication focuses to your customers on various credits like joining, subscription, making a buy, taking into account message pop-ups, sharing or following via web-based media mean referral rewards. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. This energizes rehash buys which expands deals and helps in holding your customers.

Further, if you like to implement customer engagement in your store I suggest you to install our Shopify app Tuecus. It helps for you Increasing of sales. And it gives you Attractive Customer Dashboard and Raises The Store Revenue. Customizations Available.

Thanks,
team Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes

Dear @SecondNature 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Add favicon
  • At header:

seconhead.png

• Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action at home page
  • At footer:

scrfooter.png

• Add Trust Badge and Highlight your USP
  • Add Featured Collection
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button,Sticky cart
  • Product page layout needs to improve

• Show cart popup and Cart page layout needs to improve

cartpageexample.png

• Improve ON PAGE SEO
Regards,
Task4Store - Get Shopify Small Task Help
Contact Us
: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
1400+ Happy Clients | 25000+ Shopify Small Tasks Done
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3413 193 618

Hello @SecondNatureThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Congrats on your new store! I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

The first fold of the website should always have a call-to-action button like 'Shop Now' in it - And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. Display the banner image in the first fold of the homepage.

AiTrillion_0-1621420937930.png

The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Blog Posts.

- Categorize the products into Clothing/ Accessories/ Skincare. 

- Add these customer engagement tools to your store to engage the traffic coming to your store and targeting to drive conversions:

• Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on.
  • Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. You can retarget customers & send notifications of new updates and offers. It can be sent even when customers are not in your store and bring back the lost customer to your store. Send price drop alerts and back in stock notifications.
  • Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. Target customers automatically by sending automatic emails on the basis of customer's behavior.
  • Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store you can install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

AiTrillion_1-1621421590282.png

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3413 193 618

@SecondNature,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes