Like Others, Looking for Feedback on Store

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 3

Hi, Gang, and Gangettes!  I thought I posted this already, but can't find it, so here it is again.  My apologies if the original is still floating around.

I hope some of you take some time to look at the store, https://mullanpy-lane-emporium.myshopify.com/ and provide some feedback so I can improve it.

Second, what free Shopify theme would be a good choice for a shop selling handmade products?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
398 73 144

Hey, Michael!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Congratulations on launching your store! There are a few things you may want to add/adjust in your store that may help you attract more visitors.

1. Since your website doesn't have many tabs at the moment, you may want to move "About" from the footer to the main menu. Also, I'd encourage you to rename it to "About Us". As you have on the page, though brief, this is a great place to introduce yourself to your visitors. Here is a great article on The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages.
2. I love the design of your logo. You may not notice this but currently, your Favicon is empty. You can resize your logo into a Favicon and add it to your theme editor. It will make your store looks more professional. Also, when your visitors add your store into their bookmark, your store will have a logo showing instead of an empty spot. Here is how you can add a Favicon to your store
3. There are few pages missing at your store. The most important one is your support contact. You can create a contact form/page through the guide here. Similar to that of a brick and mortar store, customers want to know that if they have questions or need help with their orders, there is a contact point. In addition, it's a great place to get feedback from your visitors. 
4. Other important pages for you to add our Policy pages. If you have a moment, you may want to look into Return/Refund Policy, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Services. Shopify provides templates at Settings > Legal. You can follow this guide to create and use them. When you are using the templates, please have a read through the templates created and see if you need to make any adjustment so they are relevant to your store. The reason to have these pages is to eliminate you having to answer the same questions your customers may have when they are shopping at your store. 
5. At the moment, your product pictures are showing in various sizes due to the pictures you uploaded. To avoid the various alignment happening on the collection page, you may want to set your camera in a set ratio/or square frame. Once it is set, retake the pictures so they all come out with the same proportion.  Once you upload the pictures on to your Shopify admin, you will see the difference reflecting on to your collection page.

With handmade art products, we typically recommend Minimal. It offers the artist like yourself a clean slate where you can focus on showcasing your artworks. Another great feature with this theme is that the customers can zoom into your product images. 

Lastly, if you have not yet done so, I encourage you looking into our Academy. It offers you some tips and tricks on building your store and various digital marketing tips. 

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out! Alternatively, you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes