Load Speed test

Greenerymarket
Tourist
3 0 13

Hello Shopify store owners.
After looking over and over on our speed test I’m wondering if you notice our shop seems slow to load? Any feedback would be wonderful. Quality images are super important to us but we started switching back to stock images as we were frantically trying to figure out why we are scoring super low in the speed test. Does anyone have suggestions that helped them or maybe people to reach out to help with this? The interesting part is when we load it, it doesn’t seem slow but it obviously must be a problem since our score is horrible. Lol  I’m not sure if I’m supposed to put our url here.. www.greenerymarket.com  tyvm in advance for any tips 

0 Likes

loads fast this end, maybee update your browser or try Chrome.

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 215 670

Hello @Greenerymarket

These are some points which will help you to keep your store’s speed optimized:-

• Optimize all the images
  • Eliminate using multiple apps & use only essential apps- Using multiple apps hinders the speed of the store. I would recommend the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. It has all the essential features integrated in a single app & you don’t have to install multiple apps. 
  • Use a fast and reliable hosting
  • Use a Content delivery network (CDN)
  • “Minify” your code
  • Reduce redirects and broken links

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
ZalafaieKids
Excursionist
14 0 1

Loaded faster than it took to load this response page lol both your homepage and product page. I'm also having really slow results and cannot figure out why. Would you mind checking mine out? I have zero apps and not many pictures so not sure I'm only scoring 48 ? www.zalafaiekids.ca 

0 Likes

Hello @Greenerymarket ,

You need to work on your website performance’s speed with following point that I have mentioned below.
Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversion.

In order to Improve website speed you need to:
- Remove unnecessary code on a high priority basis.
- Compressed images or Defer off-screen images.
- Web Pages need to be Minify.
- Reduce JavaScript execution time
- Minimize main-thread work
- Beware of excessive liquid loops
- Decrease thumbnail image size
- Weigh the benefits of installing another app

By fixing these issues, your website speed score can definitely improve. For more details please check and select the plan you wish to select -
https://www.oscprofessionals.com/shopify-performance-optimization/

If anything is missed out or unclear then don't hesitate to ask
Thank You!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Free Website Review and advice for sale from Hire us
Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
For Quick Chat Whats app | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87
0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1310 118 341

Hey @Greenerymarket I feel your frustration on the score but it's misleading.

The interesting part is when we load it, it doesn’t seem slow but it obviously must be a problem since our score is horrible
Scores in general optimization tools are typically low for engaging ecommerce sites (true of Shopify sites and also custom coded sites like Amazon). If you're referencing the Shopify speed tool, you'll most likely always have a low score unless you strip your site down (not recommended). It's good to be aware of the warnings they give in there, for full optimization check, but they use the Google Lighthouse API, which is geared for non-ecommerce sites that have 3rd party apps.

Any apps you use will greatly affect your score, but they win you sales (the main point of your store). For details + case study, see here: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-speed-tool/.

My recommendation (as the founder of a team that optimizes Shopify sites every day):

1) Use the Shopify Analyzer to see what can and should be optimized on your site. My team built this free for the Shopify community, the scoring and recommendations are based off of over 1,000 Shopify sites we've optimized.

I ran your site, you can see the results here: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fu9yzmm9yj. Each point gives links to guides / recommendations. For you, I start with Lazy Loading, that will yield the most bang for your buck: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-lazy-loading.

2) After optimization, if you still want your site faster you can try to hard code app functionality directly into your theme, or conditionally load apps (only load them on the pages you need them).

If you need help just reach out to my team Speed Boostr, our developers are all skilled with Shopify optimization.

*Be aware of oscprofessional (the previous comment), they are giving generic recommendations, and have been caught stealing and breaking Shopify terms of service (https://speedboostr.com/shopify-partners-caught-stealing/#copyright-osc) - I would not trust them.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).