Load time of my shopify store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey all, my load times on my store aren't very good. Pingdom shows a long wait time. Any idea why that might be? My images are all compressed to heck, full page is like 1.3mb.

https://www.moralitee.com/

Any help would be appretiated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 29

Hi, Jacob!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out today.

Page load speeds can vary quite heavily depending on things like reactive elements on a page, image size/quality, local connection speeds, and plugins/widgets installed. Thankfully, when I load your site on my end, the page loads pretty quickly. Granted, there are quite a few reactive elements happening on your product thumbnails, so I can see those load in but nothing major. I've also made a Pingdom test on my end, and it looks like the main things leading to the long load times is the SCSS (homepage styling) and a couple of apps. 

What I suggest doing is reviewing over your apps and try to eliminate the ones you don't need. Another option is to limit the content on the homepage to only be what's necessary for your conversions and marketing. However, when I loaded the site a standard WiFi connection, it was quite quick!

While this is a third-party source, if you're curious, I've found some good tips in an article which covers how to improve load speed times. You can read through it here

How are things going with your business otherwise?

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks, I only run printful and a megamenu as apps cause I know they can slow down your site. I was more worried about there being a conflict perhaps in some compression or minifiying of something. Regardless I'm working with the theme author to try and check out some issues so maybe that'll help. If not I'll be using a new theme, I don't much like the current one I have, doesn't look professional enough for me. 

One question though, I tried running cloud flare with shopify but when I went to checkout it came up with an error page saying I was missing a theme file, all of which were there. Do you have a reference guide for running shopify with cloud flare that includes all page rules and caching rules? Like I assume you should prevent cloud flare from caching the cart as it could display old customers carts to new ones with the cached version of a cart. If not no big deal I'll figure it out.

No sales just yet as I only just took off the password a few days ago and this load time stinks along with my designs are pretty poor at the moment. I'm working on SEO and new designs along with perhaps a new theme so we will hope I get some good conversion results. Aiming for under a 2 second load with a professional looking site and good designs. I've ran WordPress blogs before that get 200k+ unique visits a month but only monetizing with adsense. I'm hoping I'm able to make a good wage with this site.

Thanks for the help mate

0 Likes