Loads of traffic through FB ads but no purchases

Highlighted
2 0 0

Like many people on here, I'm having trouble with plenty of traffic but no sales. I've had around 500 store visits since setting up about two weeks ago, and from that only two add to carts and zero sales. I'd really love to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm selling comfy sleep headphones. I don't know if it's that my product just isn't as cool as I think it is, or if there are some factors on my site which is putting people off buying.

Also, I'm using an app called Better Replay to watch replays of customer activity on the store. Very often customers will scroll to the bottom, then click off, or swipe through the product images and click off, but I don't know what this means. I've tried changing the product images, removing the newsletter signup from the footer, changing the order of bullet points, but nothing has had an effect.

I'd appreciate any feedback!

Store link: www.dozeee.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
213 13 70

Hi @Dozeee !

To be completely honest, I think you need some work done and some things reconsidered in order to start selling. First of all, selling "one of each" might not be the best idea. By offering a couple of accessories and a couple of shirts will not help you get people interested in any of those. They say if your market is everybody, then your market is no one. I highly recommend focusing on a narrower niche and add more variety of that.  When creating a site always think why a person should buy from you, not from Amazon or any other giant platform.  Once you have that figured out, move on from there :)

As for the site itself, I think it is lacking some information. Clearly, you have started a couple of days ago and that must be the reason. 

Here are some tips, that hopefully will help: 

-You need to earn your customers’ trust before they write their credit card number on checkout. 

-add functionality on your site. You can use apps for that. If you want to add Reviews, wishlist, Discounts, and more just in one click check out Growave

- When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why I advise to work in partnership with other companies that sell complementary products or services.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Adelia,

Thanks very much for your input! I'm a bit confused about some of your feedback however.

By offering a couple of accessories and a couple of shirts will not help you get people interested in any of those.

I don't sell accessories or shirts, I sell a single item which is the sleep mask.

If you want to add Reviews, wishlist, Discounts, and more just in one click check outGrowave

I already have reviews and a discount enabled, and I don't believe a wishlist is necessary on a one-product store.

As for the site itself, I think it is lacking some information

This is helpful! What information is my site lacking?

Thank you very much

0 Likes
Highlighted

Your store has two issues. First, your product page link should be called Shop and not Buy Now. Buy Now does not tell people they can go view your product page. Here are some other areas to change on your site:

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage and remove the product at the bottom of your homepage. Your homepage's goal should be to get people to go to your product page. 
      2. Also your Buy Now button should be next to your Home button on the main menu. Then you can have your About and Contact buttons.

Your second issue is you are getting the wrong traffic to your site. This is a common mistake we see with brands. Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
219 9 49

Hi @Dozeee welcome to Shopify family

I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. The first and foremost thing is to have a scroller, the current images are not depicting the theme. The current scroller is blocking the visibility of images. This turns off the customer’s interest.
2. The wish list
 feature allows eCommerce customers to create a list of items they aren't ready to purchase yet, but hope to either buy for themselves or receive as a gift in the future.
3. Ensure every image has other 3-4 images with different angles which will help the customer to get a detailed view of your gallery with this you can also add a product zoom in to fill the browser window. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
4. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review.
5.  I think the addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
6. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.  Bigger images in your catalog view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
8. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.

I hope this helps

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Dozeee ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• Add a live chat so that if a customer has any questions they can easily contact you.
  • Add more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes