Local Delivery and Shop Pay / Google Pay / Apple Pay

samhereandnow
2 0 0

Hi. 

I run a Same-Day Delivery business in and around Greater London for which the Local Delivery option is (nearly) perfect for us as we can geo-target segments of London to deliver to. 

However, Local Delivery doesn't work with any of the mobile payment apps including Shopify's App Pay. 

Are there any plans to remedy this and to allow for Local Delivery to appear as an option when checking out? It's a poor customer experience when a retailer states they can get same-day delivery through Local Delivery but they can't use this if they use one of the pay apps. 

Also is there a better way of labelling / customising the appearance of the Local Delivery option at Checkout? At the moment it always says "Local Delivery" which is fine but it would be great to be able to customise this. 

Sam 

0 Likes
papilio
1 0 0

Shop Pick Up also doesn't appear as an option. I've had to turn off Apple Pay because the bulk of our customers want to do Click & Collect or local delivery and having to refund the delivery fees is getting annoying!

0 Likes
samhereandnow
2 0 0

It's very irritating and feels like a very small change from Shopify that would improve the customer experience quite dramatically. 

Don't seem to be getting much of a bite from them in terms of a response either....

0 Likes
DaveRS
Tourist
7 0 4

Count me +1 for this - we've been running our store for almost a month now, and just discovered that people using Google Pay only get the shipping options.  We're a local business first, and the bulk of our sales are for local low cost or free local delivery.  I'm thinking we're going to have to disable the mobile payment options simply due to this problem.

0 Likes