Lola's Boston Terrier Shop

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello Shopify Community

We have set up an online shop for anyone who loves boston terriers.

www.bostonterriers.co.uk

We are looking for feedback from shopify experts. Is the site easy to navigate? Does it look nice and welcoming? Any tips for pet based accessory shops?

Thanks all

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 8

I'm not an expert, just another store owner. Your site caught my eye because I have a Boston Terrier.  I was immediately pulled in by the merchandise in the center of the screen. It made me start browsing right away - and then I was tempted to actually buy something!  I live in the US so shipping would be too much but I just wanted to let you know.  I've decided to do away with the home page slide because I think it distracts customers from doing what I just did - jump into shopping immediately.  Best of luck...

Jann 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @lolasbostonshop 

Only about 1-3% of your visitors are ready to buy straight away. Personally what has worked for me and my clients is setting out your home page like this. 

• Slideshow Image ( make the visitor feel good when they land )
  • Collection List 
  • Image With Text ( Something interesting ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4 - 8 Max ) 
  • Instagram Feed 

I love the about page and the collection page. I'll also email you something that should really help you out. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

many thanks for your helpful suggestions

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
48 2 7

Hi @lolasbostonshop 

Hope You Are Doing Good !!!

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for coming to Shopify framework. Best part with Shopify is that, you get community where active discussion is held, through this sellers get the answer related to their problem. With reference, to your store I would like to recommend some of the points which will help you in getting visitor to your store :-

1)Home Page- There is lot of work required on your home page. It is the first page of your website, where user interacts with your site. As you already know that "First impression is the last impression. You must have sliders , featured product as well as featured category so that visitor can have clear idea related to your website. Sliders are the one of the most important asset for highlighting your top categories in the form of image. In the featured category you can list your top categories.

2)Footer Section- From the footer section, powered by shopify need to be removed as you doing branding of your store, in this Shopify is getting branded.

3)Product Categorization- Product must be assigned in proper category, if you are selling soft toys, you can categorize on the basis of bedsheet and teadybear.

4)Toplinks- Though this theme does not support toplink, I would recommend you to go with the theme that support top menus they have the very good navigation rate.

For more details, you can discuss with me on email arpansrivastava@cedcommerce.com. Related to optmized store development, you can refer this page.

Arpan Srivastava
Store Analyst

Skype id-live:danbakker_2

Want to Increase your Sales on Shopify?
Now do connect with me on group also https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shopifysellershub/

Shopify Expert
0 Likes