Looking For Criticism on My Store!

Excursionist
16 0 3

www.invincitape.com

Any criticism is welcome, but also I've been trying to work on the speed.

Not sure if my picture selection is decent. Originally I had gifs showcasing the product in action, but they really slowed down the website.

I did a speed test recently, and it's still showing a really low score and I can't figure out why it's still so slow.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
137 20 33

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've had a look at your site and you've done some great work so far. I have some observations I made while visiting your site:

- Limit the number of reviews presented on your landing page. This is a possible cause of much of the slowdown your site is experiencing. 

- Create a Favicon for your store, this should be based on your logo. 

- You should create a more in-depth About Us so that customers know exactly who they are purchasing the product from. 

- In terms of product photography, while your banner image is straight to the point, it definitely leaves a lot of white space on the website. I would consider alternatives that perhaps feature a 'use scenario' in a household rather than just showing the roll of tape on a white background. 

How are you planning to market the business? Is this your first store? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 3

@Cal wrote:

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've had a look at your site and you've done some great work so far. I have some observations I made while visiting your site:

- Limit the number of reviews presented on your landing page. This is a possible cause of much of the slowdown your site is experiencing. 

- Create a Favicon for your store, this should be based on your logo. 

- You should create a more in-depth About Us so that customers know exactly who they are purchasing the product from. 

- In terms of product photography, while your banner image is straight to the point, it definitely leaves a lot of white space on the website. I would consider alternatives that perhaps feature a 'use scenario' in a household rather than just showing the roll of tape on a white background. 

How are you planning to market the business? Is this your first store? 

Hi, thanks for looking over the site. No this is not my first store although it is definitely one of the more poorly designed ones I've made. I'm planning to market the business through instagram. I've already scheduled ads with two 1m follower pages to hopefully get some conversions in the next few days

0 Likes
Excursionist
180 10 27

Hi @crazycam777 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

I wasn't able to find a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

Did you think about adding a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Another thing you might want to add is a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

Overall your store looks really good, I think with just a little bit of time and effort you'll be able to create a really awesome store!

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

0 Likes