I recently launched https://overlandcookware.com/ a few months back and I have been working on fine tuning the site and SEO before I get into paid advertising. I would like any and all feedback, it would be much appreciated. As of right now I am getting anywhere from 10-30 visitors a day and its from mainly social media. We do have an IG and Facebook presence. My main goal is to increase traffic right now as I know that's the next step before more conversions can happen. The conversions as of right now are very low and I would assume that is from landing page experience and I am thinking of how to rework that and make it better.
Thank you in advance!
I love your products. I have some suggestions to make your website better as follows:
- Add a favicon to your website. Having a favicon visible on customers' browser tabs, bookmarks,...helps your users save time by allowing them to identify and browse your website without difficulties. Moreover, if you don’t have a favicon on your website then you may miss out on the chance of being bookmarked on the Chrome browser, indirectly missing out on one of many search ranking signals. Also, A favicon will help users identify with your brand easily.
- Change the position of the discount to the center of website. Now, your logo is covered.
- Add ratings and reviews:Actually, the consumers buy products online so they can't try them on or observe, touch them directly so reviews play an important role in customers' purchase decisions.
- Adding a live chat to your website can enhance both your sales and customer support efforts. Basically, we live in pretty fast times and this is the reason why consumers prefer using live chat. It provides the fast response times. Moreover, a live chat on your site can also generate and store incredibly valuable data about your customers because you will know what customers ask before making a purchase and common issues customers might have after using your product. This data can be valuable to improve your marketing efforts and product.
Please hit like or mark as a solution if you find my comments helpful. Thanks and Good luck.
Hello @OverlandCook, I hope you are doing well! Sachin here, from the AiTrillion Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store and here are some suggestions that you can work on:
- Add a section of trending and new arrivals products on the homepage.
- Add customer engagement tools like a loyalty rewards program, web push notifications, and others. If a customer leaves your store, send them a price drop alert notification with the help of a web push notification. Web push notification helps to bring back customers to your store and helps in reducing the bounce rate. You can send updates and abandoned cart push notifications to bring customers to your store.
Entice customers by giving them loyalty points on activities like sign up, leaving a review, allowing push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, and more. This will help you to increase the email and push subscribers. You can then run email and push campaigns to reach your customers on the basis of customer behavior. This helps in increasing the conversion and retention rate.
- Add reviews on the product page. 90% of people read reviews before making a purchase. Reviews are very important in an online business.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
Hope this helps!
This is PageFly - Landing Page Builder.
Congrats on your new store. It's pretty. I have just had a look at your store. I have just some small things I'd suggest for your Homepage for a better chance of gaining sales. May it help!
1. Improve your sticky header and first impression
Sticky header helps customers easily access menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header. You should display like this picture below:
Your header has been sticky already but it occupies a large area in the first screen when customers visit your page. I think we should rearrange the header to make it shorter. The first impression is very important to make your visitors to be your customers, but the header places 30% on my screen when I visit your store.
It's better to make this header have different colors when you scroll. You can see an example on our website below.
Besides, you should link more tabs on the menu to show which products you are selling. Sometimes, people just focus on what they can see immediately in your store.
2. Classify the principal and secondary Call-to-action (CTA) button on your Home page
One crucial thing for an online store's home page is a primary call to action. With this icon, you are going to redirect customers to the page where they mostly want to take action. This also helps your store to improve its conversion rate.
I found that you have few CTA buttons now, we also can add more CTA buttons in your hero banner, collection list (“View more" or “More detail" buttons) and below your product list (You can add “Buy Now"/”Shop Now" buttons).
Besides, you should define which button is the principal one, which is the secondary one. They should have suitable styles (same color for same level of CTA). The principal buttons should be the most highlighted on your page.
3. Adjust the layout of some sections
There are some sections whose layouts are not suitable and not attractive with customers. You can consider to adjust them, for example:
Do 2 forms use the same purpose? You shouldn’t set both of them, at least don’t put them near each other. It makes customers might be a bit confused.
4. Add more content on your homepage
To build a better Homepage, you also can take a look at our blog here : Personalize Your Homepage (LINK)
If you find my comments helpful to you, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. I recommend you take a look at our PageFly is a powerful page builder to help merchants to build pages.
Besides building attractive and powerful pages, you should spend more time focusing on marketing strategies.
Good luck and have a nice day! Cheers!
I have been working on adding a favicon, it should be done very soon. I know that needs to be added.
Thank you for the advice on moving the pop up, it is new and i had not caught that yet.
As for reviews I haven't received any yet from any customers that is the only reason there isn't any on the website. All of my items are from vendors and not drop shipping websites so i don't have the option of using something like Judge.me to copy reviews.
I would love to change/adjust the header but im not sure if its possible on the theme im using. When i click on header the only option is to add a logo. I would have liked to add my menu and adjust colors, etc. like you stated but there wasn't enough adjustability.
Thank you for the insight on the call to action buttons, I will make those more unified. They are all view now because they are collections, as we have a decent amount of products on our website so i thought collection squares would be better. Would it be better to highlight specific items?
When I was building the home page I didn't want to much on it as i thought it would be to cluttered and people would think it looked bad. We are currently working on a blog to put up but that is to increase traffic mainly.
Thank you for your advice.
I would suggest you to start using fb campaigns to get some traffic to your stores. At this time when the competition is top-notch it is becoming extremely difficult to get organic traffic on your store.
Paid marketing is the way how almost all the e-commerce store owners driver there sales from.
You will need to put your products in front of users, and paid fb campaigns are the quick way to achieve that.
Try targeting lookalike of your past purchasers, this way you optimize campaign to find people with closest resemblance to people most likely to convert on your store. If you have significant abandoned cart, try retargeting campaigns. Most of sales for our clients comes in with this campaign. Try running prospecting campaigns for initial 30-45 days and once you have enough conversion start retargeting
Use this campaigns, we have seen our clients getting significant part of their sales by following below strategies:
You can also try this app Addyz. Its an ad automation and optimisation platform. It comes with predefined campaign strategies for full funnel audience targeting. This can make a significant difference in your advertising and improve your conversion rates, even with a low ad spend.