Hi ccjoejoe1, your store's page looks like that of a blogger rather that of a merchant. You may need to do a few things;
Hey there, @ccjoejoe1!
You’ve put in a lot of work in this store, and it shows. I love that you’re getting visitors and some interest in your products, but let’s figure out what’s going on between the add to the cart and the checkout.
I see that you already have Lucky Orange installed. You’re already ahead of the game! You’ll be able to see exactly what’s going on with your visitors.
Before we begin, I would suggest setting behavior tags if you haven’t already done so. It’s really easy, and it will take just a few minutes. Click on the settings cog, and go to Behavior Tagging.
I would set up:
This is going to help you get into some of that visitor-level data to see how they engaged with your site.
Now let’s dive into your store.
In general, I would use two columns to organize your footer rather than one stacked column in the footer. It’ll make it
Your top navigation is nicely laid out. As you get more traffic, watch your heatmaps to see how people are engaged with it. You may be able to move your About Us to the footer. If you have a large majority of mobile visitors (check your dashboard to see), test adding the contact page to your navigation bar. I’ve seen a lot of mobile traffic use that contact page from the main navigation.
Add filters for scent families (i.e., fruity, floral, etc.). As you grow your inventory, it will help your visitors find the scents that they want to buy.
I only have three suggestions:
Overall, I really like your store! It’s clean and put together well. My biggest suggestions are to get those behavior tags in place and then filter your recordings to see how visitors engaged with your store. How do they navigate? What information is missing?
Also, don’t forget to use auto invites. So if someone is spending more than 45 seconds on a product page or didn’t checkout within 2 minutes of adding a product to their cart, it can trigger a chat invitation. It can help stop people from leaving before they get their questions answered.
I hope this helps! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out. Good luck!
Congrats on your store , its a really good collection of thoughtful products , I would like to give some design suggestions to help make your store more appealing to your customers and also increase your sales
1. I feel there's a little incompletion in the design that you have chosen , but relaly love the product colors , big fan of pastel colors
2. change the landing page to a very modern look that has good pictures and slideshows and banners . add long big pictures and good quality ones to you page , mostly of ho the product being used by people , they relly gets the user to see how good the product is
3. the optimization is not done well is what I feel , the store needs to be more friendly to the user . add blog pages and FAQ pages to help the user out if they get stuck nf also blogs and testimonials also builds trust for users to buy your products
4. its needs a better category listing as you have given it on the nav bar , try changing it to collections and having a drop down with all the product type , looks more clean
5. the product catalog page needs a revamp as you would need to make it look more presentable with filters so that nav is easier
6. use product labels to help sales , ill leave a link below of an app that can help you with this