Six images in homepage slide show, ten images in one product page

0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Pathfinder
124 11 50

Hello @DaVinci 

Congratulations on you store!

Here is my humble feedback. 

1) There is a lot of text at the beginning, which people are most likely not going to read. If you put your images at first, maybe it would attract more attention

2) If you could put some more pictures on the front page, it would look better. Instead of putting two panels on home page, try putting a few more. 

3) On the home page, the image is very small, with a lot of space wasted as background. Consider getting rid of the unnecessary background and making your picture a little larger. 

4) I didn't realize there was a slide show going on for you. Maybe you could bring all those images in a place so that all of them were visible at the first glance? 

5) FInally, consider changing your theme to a lighter colour, as this theme is a little hard on the eyes. 

Feel free to ask any questions you have!

Happy Selling!

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
0 Likes
DaVinci
Tourist
11 0 4

Hello and thank you for your amazingly quick reply!  As you can probably guess I accidentally hit SEND before I intended to.

With all that said I played around with the images a few hours ago because my website score was so terrible.  But then I evaluated my competitors' websites and they were all terrible too!  So I'm going to put the images back to the way they were before.

Your item 1) To your comment about there being a lot of text at the beginning, I assume that you mean on the collection page?  If so I absolutely agree--I hated it when I saw it myself!  It is next on my list of things to fix.

Your item 2) I have a rotating slideshow of six slides (although now that I think about it I believe that i turned off the slideshow temporarily and it may still be off).    The images take up the entire screen so I'm not clear on your meaning about having two panels on the front page but I will look at it and try to figure out what you're telling me.

Item 3) The image is very small.  I confess that I haven't gone back to look at the page since I shrank the pictures. 

Item 4) I think the slideshow is turned off.  Please allow me to fix the above issues that I hope will address the problems that you highlighted.

Item 5) Theme color: I tried to pick a color scheme that made the text stand out.  I may have gone too far.  I will take a look at it and try some different color combinations.

Once again, thank you so much for taking the time to look at it. 

0 Likes

Hey @DaVinci,

I want you to succeed so here is my honest feedback..

I think the first impression of the store is going to turn a lot of people off. The colors and fonts you've chosen don't fit well with the designer aesthetic. 

screencapture-davincisunglasses-collections-titanium-sunglasses-2020-11-27-09_17_19.png

I would encourage you to take a look at some other websites that sell designer glasses and get inspiration. The great news is, usually themes come pretty minimalistic looking so you don't need to add any customizations to fonts or colors. When designing your website, personal preferences have to be put aside and instead design it around what is going to appeal to your target market.

As far as the theme goes, it works fine on mobile but I don't think it's the best for desktop. The images are way too big, it takes up my whole screen and the navigation is confusing. The eye is trained to look for that navigation bar so I think a lot of people are going to miss the little hamburger icon in the top left-hand corner all together.

davvinci.png

Another recommendation would be to get professional photos done. Again, I'd recommend getting inspiration from other websites as to how they do their product photos.

Another thing I'd recommend is having some variety. If you run an ad and someone clicks and is interested but they decide that specific style is not the one they want, you will loose customers by not having any other options for them. I would recommend finding out what is currently trending as far as sunglasses go and offer those options. Again, personal preference aside, you need to pick glasses that you might not necessarily like but they are trending on TikTok or wherever. Which brings me to my next point..

Social media. It's a great free way to market your products. I would not recommend you do ads right now, I don't think this website is ready yet. I see it a lot on here - "500 visitors, no sales!". You don't want to run ads and have an influx of the wrong kind of traffic. That will eat up your ad budget and leave you without any return on your investment. Test the waters on social media first and see if this is something people are interested in.

My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We see it a lot, store owners get plenty of traffic but no sales and they are left discouraged and frustrated. Definitely don't want that for you so please do watch this video:

Again, not trying to discourage you, genuinely want you to succeed.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: If you need some last minute graphics for your store for Black Friday, we released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Dropshipping with no sales? Learn how to find WINNING products!
0 Likes