Looking for Feedback on My Store

Solved
Seedubbu
7 0 0

Hi All,

I'm new to Shopify and I just launched my first store, Da Kool Kidz, last Saturday, 2/1/2020.  It's a clothing brand for the introverted, funny, and quirky.  The website url is www.dakoolkidz.com.  I'm looking for feedback on the overall store.  Any notes would be helpful.

Thank you for your time.  Have a great week.

Seedubbu 

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 55

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Seedubbu!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

I'd be more than happy to provide some feedback on your store. At first glance, your overall store looks great! The brand is consistent, the images are high quality and your product presentation is cohesive! It's clear that you put a lot of time and heart into this. Here are a few things I would recommend reviewing:

1. Where you list "Kool Collections", the middle image is slightly taller than the others. I would recommend adjusting the image size so it is aligned with the other two. Your overall brand is very clean and this small adjustment will ensure consistency.

03-13-3j7ds-eceul

2. It's great that you are offering free shipping on select products! That helps drive sales and it's a great incentive for your customers. However, I would recommend reducing the amount of products visible on your homepage section for the promotion. I would limit it to 1 or 2 rows of products to keep the homepage easy to browse through. With more than 2 rows, it mimics a collection page and could potentially discourage customers to continue to the bottom of your homepage. You can even consider changing the colour of the title link to catch your customers attention.

3. I can see that you have lots of great information in the footer of your site. I did notice that you even included an About and Contact page. Those pages are great for SEO optimization and it builds confidence with your customers. That is why I would recommend adding those two pages to your main menu as well. It will provide an easy access for your customers to get to know you without having to scroll to the bottom of the page where it may go unnoticed. The Contact page is also very valuable and should be present at first glance. Here's our help doc on adding menus and links to your store.

03-28-b043y-o5hay

4. Do you plan on starting a blog? I would definitely recommend it since your brand is unique and fun! You could gain a strong following and share insights on your business as you grow. We have a great blog post about starting a blog and how it can help grow your business

If you have any follow up questions, please let me know!

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Seedubbu
7 0 0

Thanks for taking a look at my site and providing feedback.  I'll try your recommendations.

For Blog Posts, how often should I post?

Craig

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 55

Hi, @Seedubbu !

Thanks for getting back to us.

That's a great question! It really depends on what's best for your company. Many suggest that for small businesses, posting 1-4 times a week is effective. Larger companies can publish up to 1-2 posts daily. 

A safe bet would be to post weekly and increase the amount of posts per week as your audience grows. When you have multiple engagements per post, you can determine the type of key messages your audience is seeking and you can build a marketing plan from there. If you're interested in developing a marketing plan, we have a help document here that can guide you along the way.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2427 141 439

Hey @Seedubbu , your store looks great and captivating. All you need to do is increase the engagement on your store which will help you to capture visitors and convert them into paying customers. This will increase the conversion rate.

1. Display testimonials or reviews on the homepage. It will help you to create trust with other visitors.

2. Add a Chatbot- You should welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations and much more. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.

3. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers.

4. You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

5. Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

If you would like to implement all these on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Dakool Kidz,

The Logo should be shifted to the extreme left while, the sidelinks like login, cart etc to the extreme right. The main menu is fine.  Apart from that, the correct order of arrangement of sidelinks should be as follows: Account and Currency Converter in the first row followed by My Cart and Search Bar in the second one. Other keen observations regarding site improvement are as follows:

1. The header template should be used to highlight some unique discounts as well apart from Free shipping offers.
  2. The homepage does not appear on clicking the site logo, unlike other stores.
  3. The collections in the "Shop" section are already a part of the main menu so need not to be included in the footer again.
  4. Instead, shift the Customer service section to the extreme left, About Us in the middle and Newsletter to the extreme right for a well-structured footer look.
  5. The social links should be placed below the footer links respectively.
  6. The contact us section should include a contact form as well for better customer interaction.
  7. More social links need to be added apart from Facebook and Instagram for enhanced connectivity.
  8. Social links need not be a part of the header when they are already included in the footer.
  9. Proper discounts need to be offered for better customer engagement.
  10. Seperate "Sale" section should be added for all discounted products.
  11. Reviews need to be added below each product for better customer choice.
  12. Instagram images and testimonials need to be added for instant brand promotion.
  13. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  14. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the store optimization help you improve and progress in the path of success.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Seedubbu
7 0 0

Thanks Rose.

0 Likes
Seedubbu
7 0 0

Hi AiTrillion,

Thanks for taking a look at my site and providing advice.  I'm new to Shopify and I just opened my store, so I don't have any customers or reviews that I can post.  Do people post fake reviews for new stores?

How does the web push notification and chatbot work? Are they free?

Thanks,

Seedubbu

0 Likes
Seedubbu
7 0 0

Thanks Neha. I'll try some of your suggestions.

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

My Pleasure! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes