Tourist
11 1 1

I'm looking for feedback on my store- Gen Minimal

www.genminimal.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Broken Instagram link at the very bottom, I would get a more professional email (example@genminimal.com), and add an "about us" page. The site looks very nice but its lacking in personality/brand message

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @GenMinimalStore 

Overall, I have a good impression about your store. It looks professional and clean. I also like the calm feeling it brings.

I just have a few comments:

- Consider changing the copy of CTA buttons: "Click here" doesn't sound natural to me. 2 other CTAs "View our full catalog here", "Check our clothes here" don't either. I recommend not using the word "our". As a shopper, I don't care about "you", I care about my needs. Try "Shop now", "Explore", "View all", "See full collection"...Gen Minimal: Style Worth Spreading 2020-03-21 17-33-58.png

- The buttons should be aligned:

Gen Minimal: Style Worth Spreading 2020-03-21 18-02-12.png

- I am questioning why there are 2 similar blocks on your homepage: I get it if you want to show case the photos on your Instagram ( which I believe not). It doesn't tell anything to me and it could be a waste, as your visitors might not scroll all the way down on your home page and explore more. I'd recommend you make a banner about your promise "Gen Minimal guarantees all kids clothing under $15". It's really a good message, but it doesn't have to in your collection list as it makes your design inconsistent.

Gen Minimal: Style Worth Spreading 2020-03-21 17-36-34.png

- I rather not using the word "Testimonials", it doesn't seem authentic. Maybe "What our customers say"?Gen Minimal: Style Worth Spreading 2020-03-21 17-50-57.png

- Pay attention to spacing:Gen Minimal: Style Worth Spreading 2020-03-21 17-51-33.png

On mobile, there is a very huge white gap:Gen Minimal: Style Worth Spreading 2020-03-21 18-07-25.png

That's all for now. If you have questions, let me know :) 

Good luck!

Marketing Manager at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group
- [Tutorial]: Build an effective homepage with PageFly.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 1 1

How would I go about reducing that huge white gap?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 1 1

@victorbui how would I reduce that white gap?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 1 1

@Manish723723 I've made a lot of changes since that post. Can you check it out now?

Gen Minimal 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@GenMinimalStore sorry for the late reply. I am afraid that reducing the gap will involve some coding...

Just check out your store again and I am glad that you've made some changes. But I have few more suggestions to the layout:

- I think you can add some icons to this key benefits: those can draw people's eyes if your theme support thisGen Minimal 2020-03-24 14-48-23.png

- About us and contact section should be at the bottom: For me, important information should be displayed first. Let visitors see your products before telling them to subscribe or know who you are (you can even make an About us page)

- Below the banner "Gen Minimal guarantees all kids clothes under $15, because no child should ever have to go clothesless." You can show your kid clothes to support your promise. It will be more relevant than "About us".

- Also, as you are offering some discounts, why not use countdown timer to add a bit of urgency? Give the visitors a reason to act right now or they can miss it.

Marketing Manager at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group
- [Tutorial]: Build an effective homepage with PageFly.
0 Likes