Looking for Feedback on my store Dogs are Family Store

Highlighted
1 0 0

I've run a few Facebook ads and got one sale with a second ad where my focus was sales but since then NOTHING. I'm just trying to figure out why.

I've reduced the size of my collections, I've rearranged my collections, and still working on my product description, really trying to give it some time and thought while working my full-time job.

If you have any constructive feedback, I would appreciate it. Please provide details to allow me to make specific changes.

https://dogsarefamilystore.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1467 74 248

Hello @dogsarefamily, I hope you are doing fine. Here are some quick tips:

1. The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers, recently viewed- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed- Blogs

2. Add images in the collection title. There's no image.

Screenshot (32).png

- Add shipping policy in the footer. Add social media links in the footer.

- The newsletter popup isn't attractive. It has too much content. Add an attractive & small newsletter popup by welcoming customers with a welcome & discount popup. 

Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

- Write some information in the announcement bar that you want to highlight & don't want customers to miss out on.

- You can add a timer bar to create urgency among the customers & a sales motivator bar to attract and entice customers.

Setup web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

Showcase reviews on the home page or create an exclusive page that will build more trust in visitors.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @dogsarefamily,

Sorry to hear, it has to be discouraging to not see the fruit of all your hard work yet - especially while doing a full time job.

My first piece of advice is to spend some time on your store SEO. This will not only help with organic traffic through search, but it will also help your ad dollars go further.

We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. This comes down to your SEO, you are getting traffic but it's the wrong kind of traffic. When I take a look at your product SEO, this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:

dogsare-meta.png

By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO. The issue here is that a person searching for your type of products wouldn't type "Squeaking Duck Chew Toys" into Google, they would likely type something along the lines of "duck dog toy squeaker". You can do keyword research to find out exactly what words people are using, I recommend using "Keywords Everywhere". Once you have your words you can incorporate them in the title and description of your products. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

My next piece of advice is to add a navigation bar. The eye is trained to look for that menu below your logo. Having it in the top left hand corner might work well for mobile users but I think it will be missed by a lot of desktop users.

dogsare-nav.png

My final piece of advice is to feature different collections on your homepage. I didn't realize you sold mugs or pillows or anything else because I only see what products are right in front of me on the homepage. I like that you have all of these fun pieces for pet owners, you should definitely feature those products as well. A banner on the homepage would be another great way to do that.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
753 17 209

Hi @dogsarefamily !

Add a favicon

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
34 1 11

Hello @dogsarefamily, I hope you are doing well!

Congratulations on your store!

Your store looks absolutely amazing no doubt there, the home page and layout visuals everything is great. But I was disappointed that you don't have a favicon, I hope you'll add it soon. Other than that I'd suggest if you try and make your store more engaging, introduce some offers. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little more organized it'd help customers understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example. 

Moreover, I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better sales.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps. 

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@dogsarefamily,

A few people have mentioned adding a Favicon, here is how to do that:

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes