Looking for Feedback on our Store

Highlighted
3 0 0

Good afternoon all.

We have had the store for about 21 months.

After about 6 months we got a few sales up to Christmas 2018.

Last year we got a few sales again near Christmas.

We did a promotion on social media, unpaid, and got some sales around mothers day this year.

But we dont appear to pick up sales consistently or of any reasonable quantity.

At this stage, we would be happy if we picked up enough sales to actually fund the site.

We get traffic which appears to be driven from Facebook and some from google.

We also have a lot of empty check outs.

Our site is:https://pixiedrew.co.uk/

We use twitter to push the site: https://twitter.com/pixiedrewprint

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/Pixiedrewprints/

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/pixie_drew

We do sell items on Etsy, but would prefer if we could concentrate on getting traffic and sales to this site.

I'll be honest and say social media activity is not consistent, as I do it when I can. I work for myself in another field and help my wife run this site when I have time.

Any help, advice, direction, critiques would be very appreciative.

Many thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 3

Hey,

First of all I am not a professional, I am sure you will get better feedbacks, than I will give.

I checked your store from a view of a customer.

There were 1-2 thing, that I did not like.

1st) I did not like that ''You can have: ...'' part, it could be graphical, that would be better in my opinion, or  you could show your products first.

2nd) The typography could be changed. I think there is better typographies out there. But as said I am not a professional!

Very sweet and lovely shop!

Other than that, I find your store amazing! I am sure you will grow!

Wish you good luck,

Stricee.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Many thanks for the feedback.

While you may not be professional, you have the eyes of a prospective customer and I thank you for your comments.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 3

Hey,

If you want you can also use the tactic that many stores use,

instead of writing 10€ you could write 9.99 or 9.90€ . If you want to. I think would be better. On my store for example instead of 7€ I write 6.99 . Looks like a lot of difference right? 6.99 looks like it is very cheap. But 7€ not.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi ! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

21 months is pretty decent time for a store to start generating sales, so it’s understandable you’d expect regular income from it. Btw - I'm in Sheffield too :)

You have a consistent niche, which is good.

The homepage and the template, I might have to be frank, feel very old-fashioned. My initial reaction was a personal teen blog site from the era of Hannah Montana. It just doesn’t feel current or professional. I’d recommend working on the website template/redesign first.

I agree with the previous comment - don’t use text to tell what people can have:

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 06.52.06.png

show what you are offering by having promotional banners showing your products and telling what you are offering with a short tagline. 

The image in a header area just looks confusing:

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 06.54.00.png

It looks very 2010s early web. It doesn’t work as a logo - it’s too busy. Make sure to use a single image here or a text-only logo on a transparent background. See the mockup below:

Pixie Drew.png

Also, you have “Made with Love” text in the promo top banner:

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 06.54.06.png

You can use this space to tell about your free shipping or other deal and discounts. This bar is displayed on every page, so use it to share a message that can help you convert more visitors into paying customers.

The images and the products display is too busy to really give a chance for visitors to tell a difference between each design:

Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 07.05.14.png

With busy product images, you should photograph them on a white background, and display the products at full width, three items per row.

It will make the product images bigger, reduce the clutter and help your visitors see each design separately.

Having too many items in a row makes the designs blend together, which will affect your conversion rate.

You can easily change the number of items on display by going to your Theme editing section. 

Here’s how your featured products/collections would look like with a new display:

Pixie Drew (1).png

Can you see how displaying fewer products per row can make it easier for your customers to differentiate between each design, see the products clearly, and then decide which one to click on? Improving your display and adding more “white space” can help you significantly improve your conversion rate. 

Modern stores make the most of the ‘white space’ and have a minimalist approach when it comes to displaying their products and promotions. In retail less is more, as the more you have to choose from, the more your customers feel overwhelmed and might experience “analysis paralysis” which can kill sales. Check this article: How to boost online sales by giving fewer options

About page - is perfect, you have plenty of information about us as an artist, which builds rapport with visitors. It’s perfect - and completely different from the initial impression you have on the homepage.

I would tone down the font color though - some people are not fond of bright pink, as it can be straining on the eyes. It can also affect your SEO, as Google takes user-experience seriously; bright pink font can be considered difficult to read for some users, which means your website is not accessible for all, including those visually-impaired. It can trigger lower Google rank, and even penalty in more drastic cases.

Consider sticking to standard black/dark font on white background, with a few pink details within the design as it’s part of your branding.

Make sure to add trust signals as well: Shipping policy and returns policy. These can also help you improve your conversion rate. Many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out the shipping cost, or contact details, so having these pages easy to find can also help you boost your conversion rate. 

Social media - make sure to open the icons on your website in new tabs, so you don’t lose valuable traffic. Please check this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser 

Blogging - you have a perfect niche for blogging. Consider posting articles more regularly. This is a great way to keep your visitors on the website for longer, and also to get more traffic from Google from people interested in these topics. 

Blogging is powerful - it helped me get to Google page #1 in only four days with this blog post: Breadcrumbs in SEO. I discuss how to write articles that rank on page #1 in my Facebook group 30 Days 2 Page 1 - join it now!

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

2 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Maggie

that is awesome, many thanks. it has given me lots to think about and research.

I have left you a review on Trustpilot.

Thanks again

Simon

p.s, You are in Sheffield too

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi Simon,

Thank you for a lovely review and I'm glad I could help. Yes indeed I'm in Sheffield :)

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes