Hey Shopify Community!
We've had our shop up for quite some time, but mostly as a support tool for our instructor community (we license instructors to teach our dance fitness program). We're looking to really utilize the tools, visuals, descriptions, etc. better this year, so would LOVE any obvious feedback from this community's experience, expertise and will probably post some more general questions as well.
We're also expanding internationally so if anyone has any advice in that department (Brexit, country rules, best shipping practices, etc.), that would be amazing as well.
The BollyX Team
I've taken a look through your store and have a few suggestions.
First, a few design-related things.
1. The yellow text against the white background is a little hard on the eyes and difficult to see. Yellow is a part of your branding so you can fix this by making it slightly darker. It will 'trick' the eye and still match your branding but it's a lot easier to see against a white background.
On your homepage, two things. 1. The "Be a Boss" text is difficult to see against the photo. 2. For the photos, I'd make the background of the first images consistent across the board. The one with the person holding the ball stands out. It's completely fine to use alternative backgrounds under "additional photos" but for that main image, they should all look the same (white background).
Moving on, the other thing I noticed was the organization of the products. You have many unisex products which appear in both the mens and womens categories. When a person clicks it looks out of place so I'd instead recommend either adding a unisex category OR if most products are unisex, remove the mens and womens categories and instead create categories like Shirts, Bottoms, Accessories and etc. I would also recommend organizing your products into collections. Right now when a person clicks Womens for example, it shows tops, bottoms and accessories. There are 4 pages of products and most visitors wont take the time to look through each one. Make it easier for them to find exactly what they are looking for by organizing it further.
My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). ou don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Congratulations on your store, after spending a few minutes I have some recommendations on your Homepage. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance.
1. Make head bar sticky
When customers scrolling up and down inside your store, they might need to navigate to another page or they need to track how many products inside the cart. So make this always sticky would be really useful for them. They don't have to scroll on top to see them.
2. Hero banner content
The content inside your hero banner should be relevant to your products or collections you mentioned.
The CTA button should be an action word, such as: Buy Now, Explore Now, Get Now, ...
Or you can put some inspirational banner of your Sale campaign inside the hero banner.
3. Featured Products
I suggest that you should only display around 4-5 items on your Homepage, if customers want to see more they can hit the 'See More' button. It will direct them to the Product Listing page.
4. Themed Products
Many first-time users don’t have a clear sense of what they are looking for. This is especially true when someone visits a store looking for gifts for other people. In this case, recommending products based on particular criteria will greatly improve the experience of these customers. Or using a banner would be more attractive to customers.
The criteria for product recommendation could be:
The only thing you have to do is change the layout of it.
Hope that my recommendations would be useful for you. Furthermore, you can check this article to optimize your Homepage.
I hope you are doing well! This is AiTrillion, here are some suggestions that you can work on:
- On the home page, display the collection list.
- Add buttons of add to cart and buy now here as shown in the screenshot. Also, the size and quantity option should be there.
- Showcase reviews on the home page, product page or create an exclusive reviews page.
- Add an announcement bar to highlight important information that you don't want your customers to miss out on. You can announce offers and updates.
- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
- Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.
If you have any questions, I will be happy to help.
Hope this helps!