Looking for Some Criticism on Sloth Closet

Tourist
4 0 0

Greetings,

I am hoping someone can take a look and provide me with some feedback on my new store https://slothcloset.com/

This is my first store and before I start any marketing I would like to know what could be improved/changed.

Thank you in advance!

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I'm certainly no website expert, other than shopping on them and building mine here, which I am new at. But I think it's great! Clean, easy to navigate, lots of great images and add-ins. Really lovely.

The only slight criticism I might have is with the trust factor - your social media is pretty bare (understandably, as you said that you hadn't started marketing yet). Maybe including a bit more on your About Us page about who the people are behind the company, why you love sloths, photos of you or your business or something tangible like that would increase the trust factor in getting the first few sales in as you grow your social media following.

Just an idea; it looks great though!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi there!

Thank you so much for the feedback. You are totally correct on the trust factor. I am working with someone to help me expand our copy throughout the site. Once I have some additional photos of the products in peoples hands we will get them flowing on social media as well.

I'm looking forward to any additional feedback anyone can provide.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
  • I would shrink the height of the header. The text is small in it. There's just a lot of empty space that doesn't sell much (except for the "shop" link)
  • I would also reduce the vertical margins between buttons and content on your page that sells for you. On mobile especially there is a lot of space to scroll through.
  • Your imagery could better feature the products you're selling. Like the pillow is like 20% or less of the images; I think it should be more.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 1 3

Cool shop! Love your products. 

I agree with @ShowgirlSparkle. Try adding more content to the website that validates the business. One way to do that is by including a really detailed footer to the bottom of your website. The footer should include all of the information one might need to make an informed purchase. Check out mikucare.com for an example of a good footer. I helped build that site and we included lots of links to different programs and discount offerings. We also have a "Specifications" and "Technology" page available for customers that want to understand the product a bit more. You could do something similar by adding a page that describes the materials that are used in your plushies for example. I also noticed you "Give Back" a portion of your proceeds. That's awesome! I would build out your "Giving Back" page a lot more. Add images to brighten it up and also remove the links to the programs (never link off your eCommerce site. IMO it's bad practice and will lower your conversion rate). 

I hope that helps! 

Alex Daro | Founder/Developer @ newclick.io

Alex Daro | Founder/Developer @ newclick.io
Looking to Schedule Your Shopify Theme?
Check out Theme Scheduler Pro
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Mike

I think you have an interesting idea for a store but it could use some design help. Your store lacks branding and a visual design that will make it standout. You need to make your store looks a little custom. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage and feature less product because you don't have tons of product and you don't want to show to much of what you have to offer away. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Sloth Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

3. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

Product Page  Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

5. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand. This is going to help tie your site together

6. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0
Wow! Thank you all so much! Awesome feedback everyone! It sounds like I'm moving in the right direction which is good. I'll be making the suggested changes as I am able over the next day or so.

Thanks again!
Mike
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
70 2 1

Hi @MikeyFresh 

I love your store, sloths are so cute! I like your store name too. One suggestion I would have that alot of retailers are implementing on their websites are buy now, pay later options for customers. I happen to work with Klarna and its helping to increase conversions by 44% by allowing customers to pay 25% at the time of purchase and spread out the remaining payments with no interest or credit card required. Here is a more information about our company and how to get started, its super easy. It will also increase website traffic to our site as we can feature you on our social media and shop directory.

https://www.klarna.com/us/business/get-started/

Hope this is helpful,

Samantha

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
765 32 98

Hey @MikeyFresh 

You have a very captivating store. Start using a loyalty program and referral program to entice your customers. It will help you build a loyal customer base. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, allowing for web push notifications, make a purchase, visiting a store and many more.This will help in doubling the sales as when you give loyalty points to your customers they will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. You can give rewards to your customers to redeem those points.

Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

Add web push notification, a chatbot.

If you would like to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes