Looking for a generic feedback for this store

Tourist
4 0 0
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
296 13 44

Hello, @Dave392!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I'm happy to pass on some feedback regarding your online storefront. I've gone ahead and navigated through your online store for you and I can see that the functionality, necessities and details are all there - you're off to a great start! The issues I can see are all aesthetic aspects that can easily be changed or re-organized. 

My first recommendation would be to focus on the layout of your homepage. Right now it looks to be a little congested and that can be overwhelming for a customer. Your homepage is going to be the first impression of your storefront to customers and it can really make the most amount of impact for first time visitors. I would suggest condensing the extra text and graphics on your homepage. Keep in mind that you have other pages of your storefront that you can show this information if you do decide to remove some text and graphics - so the aspects that you remove from your homepage don't have to be removed from your storefront entirely. 

Staying on the topic of your homepage, I do find your slideshow to have some slideshow images that are out of place. There isn't really a flow to your slideshow and it being one of the first aspects of the website you see, you want to make a good first impression to visitors. I would suggest really focusing on having product images or lifestyle images showcasing your products as your slideshow images. Make sure your slideshow content is similar and follows the same theme to allow your slideshow to flow seamlessly and create a more professional look. 

Your logo is great, it's quite large and it's legible but I'm finding that the logo doesn't seem to stand out enough from the rest of your website. I do like how you have a colour scheme to keep a fluidity to your storefront, but the logo is what you want your customers to remember the most - so I would suggest changing one of the colours of your logo to create a contrast with the rest of your store. My suggestion would be to simply change the grey of your logo to a black. 

My last recommendation is a small one, but one that can improve customer to merchant trust and it will also keep your customers engaged. As an online shopper myself, there are two aspects that I immediately look for in a shop that I'm considering buying from and those aspects are the contact page and product reviews. So, I would suggest simply adding those pages to your main navigation menu so that your customers know that you're an honest business and that they can reach out if need be. 

Let's talk about marketing - what have you done so far to market or advertise for your business? I'm happy to share some resources that can help you with conversion as well! 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as the slider has images that are hard to read (the first two images). Try to use the silder area to sell your brand and the lifestyle you want people to have. Also, I would tweak the layout of the homepage to have it look more professional and polished. It could use someone with an eye for design to look it over

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Trailblazer
496 30 119

Hey,

It seems you have worked quite a lot, as store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at it place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

2. Also, You have around 623 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for you visitor might feel hard to find the right product.

3. Also your search page is bit off and empty https://www.ceiling-speakers.co.uk/search?q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

4. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

5. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
293 15 51

Hi @Dave392 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

You might consider adding a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

One thing to consider is adding a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Another thing you might want to add is an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

Also I noticed that you don't have reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

If this helped you consider signing up for my free email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes