Looking for a review of my brand new store!

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

I recently opened up my store. I’m brand new and looking for any helpful tips. Check it out: www.chitrendz.com! All advice is welcome! Thanks in advance. 

(I’m also on a limited budget as well)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi @Lydnavc1520

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

Well done on getting set up and launched! You've taken the big step of starting your own business, and you've come so far already. Congratulations!

My opening feedback to you is advice I often give start-up new brands: find your why. There needs to be a specific purpose to your brand:

What is your brand's reason for existing, beyond selling your product and making a profit? What is the story you are telling and inviting your customers to be a part of?

Once you know your purpose -why you're selling what you're selling - you can curate your products around it. In a saturated market, it’s best to be specific instead of broad. You want to differentiate yourself from your competitors. Try completing this sentence:

Our brand is the only ______________________ that ____________________.

If you cannot identify what it is that only your brand can do those others can't, it will make carving out space in the marketplace that bit harder.

Next, ask yourself: Who is your customer? What do they read/watch/listen to? Are they male or female? Old or young?

Don't try to appeal to everyone. That's a recipe for disaster. There’s a great guide to creating customer personas here.

Then take all of this information and outline it in a mission statement, combined with your brand story, that you can share in the form on an About Us page.
Here's what an About Us page should contain and here's how to create one!

In terms of the actual layout of your website, you've done very well. Here are some general resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:

More specifically, however, think about the colors of your website and whether they're intuitive. Are dark colors on dark colors going to make your site easier or harder to understand and navigate for example?

20-09-5s9o0-mjvhj

The color theme of your store is pretty important. There’s actually a pretty good discussion about that in this help doc.

I hope this all helps, please let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1747 108 313

Dear @Lydnavc1520 

Congratulations for your store!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Chitrendzspeed.png

• Header and Footer Area need to Improve. 
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  • Add Trust Badge
  • Highlight your USP
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button , Sticky cart - A sticky cart icon or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Improve your logo
  • Product page layout needs to improve. Example of Ideal Product Page 
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Do some ON PAGE SEO
Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Lydnavc1520 

I'm Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Landing Page Builder. 

Congrats on your new store. Here are some comments that I want to suggest you after I visit your home page. May it help!

1. You need a high-quality banner

The banner is very important. This is the first thing customers to see when they visit your website. Let’s make customers know exactly what you’re selling in the first 5 seconds. You banner is hard to see now.

Chi’s Trendz 2020-09-07 15-50-21.png

How should you do?

- Add a high-quality banner. It makes your site more professional and helps catch customer’s attention

- Show your products on the banner. Let your customers know what you’re selling as soon as they see your banner.

2. Make a sticky header

Sticky header helps customers easily access to menu navigation although they scroll down or up on your page. Customers can also quickly reach the Search field to find products with a sticky header.

3. Highlight the text

Chi’s Trendz 2020-09-07 15-52-46.png

It’ll be better if you adjust the text which overlaid the picture. I think it’s hard to scan and read. You should use another color or make your background picture a bit transparent.

4. Add more images to featured product

You should add more images of this product in many angles, which helps attract customer’s attention. And this product image is quite large and I cannot scan it in one screen.

Chi’s Trendz 2020-09-07 15-54-37.png

You can consider making it smaller and adding more product information and help users see the whole product in one screen.

5. Use color swatches to show product variants.

I see that your product IJE Holder has many colors so if you use swatches to indicate color variants, it will make your product more attractive.

Chi’s Trendz 2020-09-07 15-58-23.png

So finally, I think your home page have many things to improve. Your store can became more attractive and get more sales. And I think this article will provide you many tips and tricks to design a converting page.

If you find my comments useful for you, you can like or mark it as a solution. Have a nice day and stay safe!

- [Tutorial] How to customize Shopify product page: academy.pagefly.io/customize-shopify-product-pages
- Are you having problems customizing your Shopify pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
60 4 19

Hi @Lydnavc1520 

Congratulations on putting up a fine store. My feedback would be to work on your website banners first. The banner is the first impression and it has to be very clear and should captivate the visitor in the first go. Integrate an attractive caption in the first banner that should clearly communicate your customer value. Your product banners need improvement as well. The products are not very clear at the moment. The look should be elegant and clear for the visitors.

Try to use some quality graphics for the products display as well. That will then increase the value of the display on the homepage. The below section also needs better presentation.

Ali-92_0-1599472745490.png

The alignment and presentation will make your site more professional. I suggest that you should re-work on the layout of your website on the graphics and font account. For marketing, Instagram use will be extremely helpful for you since your products carry the hook so you can always share galleries and video stuff in there. If possible, try to use Instagram all content features including Feed, IGTV, and stories. 

In the long run, to improve the Google ranking of your website, do integrate a blog page where you can share the latest updates revolving around your products industry and target niche. 

Video content has the potential to catch maximum exposure. If possible, try to work on some video clips displaying your products. 

Moreover, integrate some in-store marketing strategies to establish a direct connection with your visitors. Since you are on a limited budget so you can check CareCart Apps to integrate some in-store marketing tactics in order to capture the email list of your cart abandoners so that you can remarket them through reminders and notifications.

For ads, I won't suggest you go for Google ads, instead, Facebook boosting and carousel options would be good to drive traffic to the store.

One-stop solution for conversion: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
0 Likes