We have started a motherhood-based clothing and accessories store. We have the site fully up and running with social media accounts to match. We have been active on all channels and have been trying to get some traffic coming through. So far we have had just under 1000 site sessions and no sales. I'm sure this is a common problem, we are just wondering if there is anything wrong with the site or anything we can improve on in the opinion of someone more experienced than us. Thank you!
Hey Mamacita's Shirts,
Keep the below listed points in mind for effective store modification:
All the best!
Hello @MamacitaShirts ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Hi @MamacitaShirts welcome to Shopify family
I hope your business is going well during these difficult times.
I've reviewed your store must say a neat and well-maintained store. A couple of suggestions which might be helpful to you:
1. The logo size can be decreased and the logo placement can be brought to the top left. About Us and Contact Us page can be added to the header section as this will show that your brand is unique from other brands in the market.
2. Engaging the audience by writing blogs with good titles and promoting on social media platforms will give the impression that you are the most knowledgeable person and the customer to look up to you for further information.
3. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. Bigger images in your catalog view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products
4. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
5. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review.
6. Wishlist allows any user to store any particular item in his cart which he/she may buy later by returning to the website.
7. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that you need to add visually attractive stickers like a number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer. (Attaching one of your product image as a reference)
I hope this helps!
Yes, you are right, the issue of high traffic and low sales is quite common. Every singe store struggles with the same issue, so you are not alone. However, there are some things you can do to reduce the chances of spending time and finances on the site and getting zero benefit from it.
I would like to say that being active on Social media is already a great things, it shows that you have a very promising approach to your business. I am positive that you will succeed.
Also, I see that you are using Growave already. As you might know we offer Instagram galleries starting from Starter Plan, you can upgrade to that so that you get traffic from your Instagram account as well. Or we also offer a separate free Instagram app here, you can download that instead https://apps.shopify.com/instagram-photos
Besides, you have the wishlist counters on, if you want I can turn them off until you get some likes there. Please let me know if I should do that :)
Another thing I have noticed that you have a couple of empty pages, one of which is your Blog. I recommend writing at least one blog post and using some keywords that will help you drive traffic from there.
Also, I recommend adding more accessories. Since there are a lot of people who sell t-shirts on Shopify, accessories can be something unique.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. Feel free to dm me if you have additional questions :)
Hyde here from Shopify. Great work on the site!
It is important to get your conversion rate up. This is the ultimate goal of running a store after all, to get people purchasing! There are a lot of ways you might approach this and there is no one correct method for all stores and business types.
Given that, we’ve put together a whole section here on our blog that deals with optimising your conversion rate. There’s one blog in particular here that deals with ways to increase your conversions that I would recommend.
Here are resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:
So you'll want to create original and innovative content to capture your customer. Two ways to do this are:
It will always be up to you as the store owner to brand, market, and research for your business; though hopefully the resources above will provide you with some leads to pursue.
If you would prefer to get some professional help with your marketing for your store you can consider hiring a Shopify Expert Marketer. Experts are professional service providers that have a track record of working with Shopify stores.
I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
All the best, Hyde.