Looking for constructive feedback on my first shopify store please!

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 4

Hi,

I am looking for some feedback on my first shopify store, launched a couple of week ago. I am getting 100+ visitors a day, through avenues like facebook, instagram & pinterest but having trouble converting this traffic into sales.

I would appreciate it if someone with experience in ecommerce would take a look at the site and provide some constructive feedback for me.

Website is linked here: The Modern Home Shop or www.themodernhomeshop.com

Thanks in advance

Ryan

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Overall thoughts: Very, very nice.

Positives:

Looks really nice when you land on it.
Love the logo and the image which has the shop now on it.
The colours are well integrated and consistent with the theme.
Lots of great images.
Looks believable and professional. 

Fixes:

Try and lessen the amount of text on your landing page which has the shop now (slide show I believe it’s called).

Change the colour of texts in the footer. The black writing is kind of hard to read on the blue background. Change it to white like it is on the announcement bar 🙂

Maybe move some of the sub menu’s from home decor to the main menu. Seems empty on the main menu front with just three (if you get what I mean).

Replace the check out are artificial selection and replace it with one of your sub menu collections or a random collection like our ‘vintage clocks’ (example). Don’t really think we need to see it twice as it’s already deemed important from being on your menu.

Increase some of your prices. But not a lot.

I didn’t have a lot of time to check out your entire store but from what I’ve seen this is what like and would change. Keep it up mate. Would love to keep in contact, so please feel free to message me with your progress. We’re all learning and you’ve inspired me to make some changes to my fashion store. Thank you. Look forward to hearing from you in the future 

Sorry for any grammar errors it’s late lol

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 231

Hello,

I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
-> You can add the item reviews under product page, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
-> And you can add trust badges under checkout, It checks to visitors that a site is genuine. Information is gathered by the outsider trust seal organization that affirms that the business is valid.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
1 Like
Highlighted

Hello @RDeano ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you. 

• There is no review option, try adding that feature social reviews helps you a lot in bringing sales. 
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 4

Hi Kye,

Thanks so much for the feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time out to take a look at the site.

I have taken note of your points and will implement some changes over the next few days, I'll be sure to let you know when I have made the updates so you can see how your feedback has changed the feel of the store.

Again, thanks for your time.

Ryan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 4

Hi @KyeAsh 

Thanks so much for the feedback, I really appreciate you taking the time out to take a look at the site.

I have taken note of your points and will implement some changes over the next few days, I'll be sure to let you know when I have made the updates so you can see how your feedback has changed the feel of the store.

Again, thanks for your time.

Ryan

0 Likes
Tourist
7 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Droppersstop.

Thanks for taking the time to provide me with some feedback. 

With regards to adding reviews, I don't have any I can add as of yet - I need to get people to purchase before I can ask for any reviews! Unfortunatly my suppliers don't have any available either.

I do have over 130 products listed on the site, if you thought there was only a few then maybe I need to work on the navigation so that potential customers get a chance to see the full range so this is something I will look into for sure. 

Re the blog pages and SEO, I'll be sure to look into this and get my SEO perfected along with a good few blog posts when I come up with some good enough ideas!

I appreciate the feedback greatly, thanks so much.

Ryan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 4

Hi @appfreaker_com

Thanks for taking the time to review my site. 

I think the new tab suggestion is a great idea and will look into doing this when I get a chance!

Unfortunatly I have no products reviews that I can add as of yet, but will look into adding this option for when the sales start to roll in (hopefully).

Blog posts is also something I will start doing as you are the 3rd person now to suggest this. 

Really appreciate your time in feeding this back. If you have any more comments in future I'd be happy to take them on board. 

All the best

Ryan

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
342 14 72

Hi @RDeano welcome to Shopify family

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review.
2. Engaging  audience by writing blogs with better titles and promoting them on various social media platforms will be helpful.
3. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
4. I think the addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
5. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well.
6. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products.  Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
7. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster

I hope this helps 

Munawar. 

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 231

Hey

It was the least I could do:)

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes