Looking for feed back before opening

Solved
Gabbi1
3 0 2

Hello everyone looking for feedback on my store before we open.Thanks for any feedback advance.
Store Information: www.gabbimariecreations.com

Password 2130Gmc

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 328

Hey @Gabbi1,

Congratulations on setting up your Shopify store, you've done a great job! I've taken a look through and have some feedback for you.

gabbie-01.png

SEO
One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you  reach your intended audience organically. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here: 

PRODUCT VARIANT PHOTOS
It's unclear if choosing a different scent changes the way the product looks. This rainbow one for example, if you select brown sugar scent, does the rainbow color stay and just the scent changes or does it look different as well? If it does change in appearance based on scent, I'd recommend having photos of each so that when a person selects a scent from the dropdown that they can see visually what it will look like as well.

gabbi-02.png

PRODUCTS
As you know, candles, wax melts and body care can be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. When a person is searching for a candle or wax melts in Google, big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers.

Now, a person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. An example of this might be someone who sells locally, their "reason" as to why you should purchase from them vs the other guy is because they are local and a lot of people are passionate about shopping local. In addition to this, they can also get products to their customers faster and can offer incentives such as free local delivery.

I would think about all your "whys" and what sets you apart and use that in your marketing and in the text in your store.

LOCAL
I’d recommend starting local.

I’d connect with other small handmade businesses in my area and ask if they want to collaborate to put together gift baskets. You’d add one of your products, they might add a handmade card or a piece of jewelry, another person might add a bath bomb, etc. 

I’d post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

I’d also approach local gift shops and flower shops to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.

With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I would highly recommend that you encourage your customers to leave a review on the products they purchase. Positive reviews are very valuable, they add a lot of trust to your store.

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make your products, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be tips and tricks, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.

It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get AdSense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Gabbi1 

I was impressed by looking into your store which showcase your vision and passion towards your work, every thing looks fine ,But for getting good traffic and for attracting customers .I would like to suggest few points.

->Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.

-> Add Add to cart Below Buy it now. Which helps to save there products in cart.

Screenshot (61).png

->As per navigation, customers sometimes may lost track of their products they wished to purchase, try to add Wishlist feature and recently viewed products feature.

->Wishlist : Add 'Wishlist" button beside add to cart . Wishlist will helps us to send emails to customers to drag his intension towards item and make him to buy.

->Recently viewed items: Many customers want to view previous items. If it’s too difficult to view again previous items, they will likely frustrated, and may not purchase anymore. Better to add recently viewed items in product page

->Rewards & Credits: Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and credits. You can give credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

->Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

->Videos; You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

I would wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store. I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.

I hope this is helpful ! If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes

Hello @Gabbi1 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

I notice that you're using a Booster theme so the overall design looks nice and informative. However, I have some recommendation to further improve your website: 

1. Sticky header

It's a general rule of thumb to make your header sticky so that customers could easily navigate throughout your website. 

2. Slideshow image

PageFly_0-1624511011017.png

The background image looks nice however, the contrast between the image and the overlay text is quite poor. You should use the "overlay" function of your theme to add a nice overlay to it. 

2. Product Image

PageFly_1-1624511507251.png

It's good that you invest in a nice feature, bespoke image to your store. However, apart from 1 to 2 nice images per product, the other images are in poor quality. I recommend take advantage of Shopify DIY product photography blog to take at least 3-5 images per product. This blog will guide you on how to take simple products-on-white-canvas images from different angles so that the customers could understand more about your product.

3. Product description

PageFly_2-1624511766061.png

Try to make it more appealing by adding bullet point, heading to it, remember to emphasize on your "key product feature" in it (like Burns hours)

3. Candle Cares pages

Due to Shopify Theme limitations, you cannot create a beautiful landing page. No worries, what you need is a Page Builder like PageFly, we could help you create a beautiful landing page, About us or contact us pages  with ease. You can check out to understand how to do so. We also have a free version for you to install

Last words, don't give up. You have gone so far from others. Wish you all the best!

Cheers, 

PageFly. 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

Growave
Shopify Partner
929 25 310

Hi @Gabbi1 !

Welcome to Shopify! All-in-one platform @Growave is here. First of all, I would like to compliment your store design with its great visual appeal and appetizing candle images. I like the philosophy of your shop and its products. You have done a great job. However, I suggest applying the following e-commerce marketing tools that can help you to increase sales and traffic. I hope my recommendations would be useful for you.

• Add Instagram gallery to your homepage

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding an Instagram gallery with your posts on your homepage. Link your profile on Instagram to your store and turn your profile visitors into customers. . It will drive traffic to your site as well as to your profile. 

• Referral program 

Use a Referral program to give customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. Through a referral program, you encourage your customers to help grow your brand community.

• Install Social Login

Try to use Social Login. It enables one-click signup and makes login easier without needing to manually type in information on your Shopify site. This feature provides easier access to a customer's account and enables creating an account much easier. Let your customers enter their account via their Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. Also, you can use gained data through social login for customer analysis.

• Add Blog

Since you are planning to open your store soon, a blog will make your shop more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases. It will drive more traffic to your website and increase your conversions too.  Also, constantly adding new content to your blog will positively impact SEO.

•  Implement Wishlist

Offering a wishlist is an effective way to reduce shopping cart abandonment and fulfill sales from customers who showed intent but didn't purchase. Since you offer various scents and size options, I recommend adding a wishlist to improve the user experience. If the items from the wishlist haven't been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. Moreover, you can analyze the data to see what items people save for later and what items they actually buy, which will help you identify the most popular scents and items.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post or marking it as a solution.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.  We have 5 great features - Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards&Loyalty, Social Login, Instagram. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 214 669

Hey @Gabbi1This is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here is the feedback on your store:

- Make all the images aligned to each other in your store. 

AiTrillion_0-1624528951892.png

- Add a separate page of shipping policy in the footer. 

- Add the 'add to cart' button on the product page.

AiTrillion_1-1624529630219.png

- Add these engagement tools to engage the visitors coming to your store and convert them into paying customers:

• Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
  • Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
  • Setup web push notifications in your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.
  • Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor an exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

To add the above engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the marketing features in a single app. 

P.S- Free plan available, you can install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
Gabbi1
3 0 2

Thank you for taking the time to provide the detailed feedback information it is very helpful to us.

storefront
Excursionist
19 0 13
Great work! Congratulations on starting your business and arm yourself with patience and give yourself time. Here are five things I can point out to you to do in time:

-Get a professional email account, not a gmail
-On your logo: "Handmade with love": that font and color make it very hard to read
-The impression, first split second message I get from the landing (main) page is: Pastry Shop, or Bakery. It takes a while (I have to read the message) for me to see that it is a candle shop. I can see the appeal of the candles that look like desserts but you have to maybe show one staged in a nice room and lit, so that it is immediately perceivable that it is a candle, not a cupcake or dessert etc. 
-Improve your product photography. 
-Get the Instagram icon on the bottom of your page to open IG in a different page, i.e., without the possible customer leaving your website. 

Hope some of this helps and congratulations again!
0 Likes