Looking for feedback for my online store

Solved
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi all,

I opened my online store 2 months ago and i need some feedback. This is the link:  www.gearwebs.com

My main concern is that i have some visitors, but no sales.

Here are some stats about my store, if helpful:

- 1,300 visitors in 3 weeks (have been running FB ads from the beginning)

- add to cart: 17 (mainly 1 product : travel backpack)

- checkout: 8

- no "About us" section, but i added my contact details (email and address) in the refund policy.

- i added shipping days to inform the customer (i.e. 20-45 days)

Are the products not appealing? Is there too much variety? Are the photos ok? Need more personalization?

Would really appreciate your help!

Thank you!

0 Likes

Success.

Hi there,

Making an online store up is nowadays something easy for everybody, but make it successful and making profit from it is another history.

One of the most important pages on your e-store is homepage, after landing to it, as a visitor i couldn't know what your eCommerce store is about, try adding some a brief description about what you're selling. Also the spinning app looks like a spamy website, better to not to use it.

If you have the budget, try to hire an expert to turn your visitors into customers.

Best regards,

The #1 Shopify and Wordpress Developers Marketplace
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
87 9 13

Hi @dncm,

Thank you for getting in touch and for sharing your store with us here. I think you've done some good work so far, and the amount of traffic you've driven to your site through advertising is impressive, but there's definitely some suggestions I can make that should help increase the chance of getting some conversions. I'll go through each point below.

First of all, there's definitely some steps you can take to improve the strength of your brand. I like the logo you've created, but I'd say it could definitely do with being a bit larger on the site so it's easier to read and more present when people arrive at the site. You can edit the size of the logo in your theme by going to the Header section in your theme editor. I'd also recommend adding the logo as the favicon for your site, which is the small image that appears on the tab in your browser:

19-07-w8w10-wmqj1

Another important thing I'd suggest is making it easier for your customers to understand what it is you sell exactly, and to feel like they can navigate the store easily. One of the best ways to do this is to offer browsable collections as a drop-down menu from your Shop All link in the main menu. I see you have the Collection list section further down on the homepage, but offering a drop-down menu that features all collections makes it easier for customers to browse and easily find what they're looking for in your store. You always want to be thinking about making the customer experience as clear and frictionless as possible, as doing so will increase the chance of gaining a conversion.

Tying in with this idea of improving the customer experience, I'd also recommend adding in the About Us section you referenced in your post, as well as an FAQs page. The "Shipping Info" page you have in your footer menu is great, but you could definitely expand on that by providing an FAQs page that presents other information you feel customers might ask, whilst an About Us page gives you the opportunity to speak in more detail about what your store, and your brand, is all about. It doesn't need to be a long-form essay, but it's a nice touch that helps make the store look more professional and you, as a merchant and a business, more transparent. I'd recommend checking out these blog posts about writing some great content on the suggested pages:

I also wanted to mention the fact that you're selling a very broad variety of products, which is good in the sense that it offers customers more choice, but there are some problems that come with offering so many different types of products. It can become difficult to establish a strong brand presence when what you sell is so varied, and that in turn can make it difficult to justify to customers why they should buy from you rather than, for example, an Amazon or Walmart. It can also prove difficult to successfully target key demographics when you're selling so many different products, although from the number of visitors you've had through your ads, it seems like you've done okay from this aspect. I'd recommend bearing this in mind when expanding your brand, and try and think of ways that you can market and advertise your products in a way that makes them seem cohesive and that they belong together. It's easier said than done, but it's always worth keeping that in the forefront of your mind.

I hope this helps gives you some ideas, an hopefully there'll be some other users who provide some feedback too! If you've any questions for me, feel free send me a reply.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi, 

Thanks for your time to write this detailed response. As you suggested  i have made those changes on my website and it looks much better.

Kind Regards,

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you for the advice.

Kind Regards

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
87 9 13

Hi @dncm,

No problem! I'm glad my advice was of some help to you and that you were able to implement the changes on your site. Always remember that there's ta wide variety of resources that Shopify offers, from our blog, webinars and Academy courses to our help centre and forums here, so make use of them as best you can. I'd also encourage you to always feel free to reach out to our support team directly, even if you're just looking for some guidance and feedback.

Thanks again for reaching out and I wish you and your business all the best moving forward.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes