Looking for feedback on 2 day old store

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello, without getting into too much detail, my wife was injured at work and has been out of work for some time now.  We have put together a little t-shirt store to see if we can help with the lack of income as well as aiding in motivation and creativity. I know, I know, t-shirts are a very saturated market. We knew that going in, but we aren't looking for a get rich quick scheme or even a get rich scheme.  My wife and I like to give back to our community and we were hoping some day the store could lead to a way to do that even better then we have in the past, using certain designs for donating proceeds and things of that nature. I digress... the store is at offthecuffapparel.net. Any feedback to help it gain traction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

John

0 Likes
Highlighted

howdy John

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Add links to your footer for about us, return/refund, contact us, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for. I would add your "Off The Cuff Promise" to your about us page too. Also create a sizing chart page, to help people buy the right size

3. Setup a main menu links with your collection areas: Men, Women and Unisex

4. As your get customer reviews in the future... I would add a section for this on the homepage

Product Page Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page...after you created the pages above based on feedback

2. Also link to your newly sizing chart and place the link near where customers pick their size

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw had only 1 or 2 images. Think about creating some lifestyle photos

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them

5. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. This also helps with SEO and getting you to rank in search

6. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This will help you increase your average order value in the long run

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thank you so much for your reply!! I will do my best to figure out how to do all of that... this is my first go at this so wish me luck. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi John,

Sorry to hear about your wife's injury. I hope she recovers soon.

Anyway, congrats on the launch of your store!

I would suggest getting a graphic logo, rather than a text logo. You can get one for a reasonable price at Fiverr.com. You can also make one yourself. Shopify has excellent suggestions: https://www.shopify.com/blog/online-logo-makers.

I would suggest adding an About page. This is a great way to tell your story and connect with your customers.

Definitely add a Contact page. As much as possible, use an @offthecuffapparel.net email, like info@offthecuffapparel.net or hello@offthecuffapparel.net, as this helps build trust.

I love the way you presented your product images! Is there a way to remove the watermarks though?

It looks like you've added a size chart to some product pages, but not all. Make sure you have a size chart on all product pages. Or at the very least, add a size chart page on the navigation menu. There are several apps on the Shopify App Store that you can use for this.

Nice product descriptions, by the way.

Overall, good job on your first store!

Get 5 free images edited when you install our Shopify App https://apps.shopify.com/retail-ready-photos-by-pixc
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yes i was working on the size charts probably a the same time you were looking at my page lol.  I am finished with them now.  I did add the about us and contact us pages as well as added our policies. I wrote the policies a while ago, but didn't realize there weren't links to them placed automatically. Thank you for the compliment on our products!! I really appreciate it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1062 50 316

Hi John,

Thank you for sharing your story with us - I think many entrepreneurs were born out of difficult situations :) 

Consider adding a short tagline to each of the images in the sliding banner, telling in a few words about the product/collection in the image and invite people to click and browse with a CTA [call to action] such as ‘Shop now!’. It will help you engage with your visitors and prompt them to browse your store. Make sure also that each image is linked to the relevant product or collection.

I'm glad that you are taking the earlier tips onboard and making changes, perfect.

Contact us page - make sure to use a professional email address [such as contact@offthecuffapparel.net] instead of a free one. It’s a great way to build trust as an established business. You can create a custom email address matching your domain with G-Suite - learn how to do it here: https://youtu.be/j_0ho2PUyTI

Also make sure to hyperlink your email address for a one-click contact - see how to do it below - or follow the step-by-step instructions here: how to hyperlink email address.

Consider also using page.contact as a template for this page in your Shopify admin, so the contact form is displayed automatically. This way people can contact you directly from your website.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know :)

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify SEO expert

Rock Paper Copy

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

0 Likes