Looking for feedback on homepage?

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4
We’ve gotten great feedback on our site and as I spend some money starting to attract new customers I was hoping to get some feedback on our site and particularly on the homepage. I don’t want to go into details as I don’t want to influence any feedback. But I also have a couple of questions, mainly is there too much on the homepage? While we want to be helpful and easy for our users especially since our customer tends to be slightly older, we also want to make sure we aren’t making users cross-eyed and having to read a novel. Hoping some fresh eyes with thoughts about web and design can help! Thanks!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
50 10 23

Hey mainePotters!

Can you include a link to your site? :)

Code 402 Inc - Ecommerce Consulting in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1954 122 428

Hey Edgecombpotters,

The home page is the face of every eCommerce store. Coming to your homepage, a lot is mentioned there. Some suggestion to improve from my side is as follows:

1. Below, in the site footer the search, privacy policy, shipping, terms of service can be kept vertically one below the other to allow some free space.
  2.  Honestly, a seperate "about us" section can be mentioned on the top instead of making it haphazard downwards with lots of content.
  3. Add some more social connections near the footer.
  4. Give discounts and include 'best sellers' separately.
  5. I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

Hope you have got your answer.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes

Outside feedback is always great because people can bring a new POV to the table. I just spent the weekend at an art and craft show for one of our clients. There was tons of pottery and similar items on sale. You have a great site and product but some tweaks can take it up a level

Homepage Feedback

1. I would consider showing less product on the homepage. Show 6 instead of the 11 products you have now. Really focus on showing off your best product

2. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

3. Add links to your footer for about us, and contact us. Give people another place to find it beyond the main menu. Also the footer link text could be bolder/darker to standout more

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Pottery Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add more customer reviews. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to boost the number of reviews on your site

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @mainePotters 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

Firstly, I noticed that you don't have a FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

Also I noticed that you don't have a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

Also I noticed that you don't have a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

One thing to consider is adding an always visible buy button. Your buy button is the most important button on your site and it should always be within the thumbs reach of the customer. Take a look at your store (especially on your phone), and try to easily find your buy button, especially when you are on the bottom of the page. If your buy button isn't always visible you are making it harder for your customer to buy. Consider adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales , it will help it make it easier for your customer to buy from you.

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes