Looking for feedback on https://1stduedesigns.com/

FirstDueTed
Tourist
4 0 2

I am hoping to launch my store next month, and looking for feedback. I know that I need to add product descriptions, and I am working on those right now. So, please look past that for the moment. It's a dropshipping site made for firefighters, with shirts, hoodies, coffee mugs, etc.

https://1stduedesigns.com/

p/w julylaunch

Thanks!

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
293 57 181

Hey there, @FirstDueTed!  

First of all, thank you for your service to your community. For all the hats you’ve worn, it’s truly appreciated.

Now, for your question! You’ve put in a lot of hard work into your store, and it shows. Be proud of how far you’ve come!

Before you do anything else, I would highly suggest getting a tool to capture visitor behavior in place now before it opens. That will let you better evaluate how people are using your site versus how you think they use your site.

Now, let’s talk confirm shaming. Confirm shaming is essentially guilting someone into clicking on your CTA. In your case, it’s on the pop-up newsletter form:

LuckyDanny_0-1623700078717.png

If you want to understand why you shouldn’t use it, we can talk. To keep it short (because I’m long-winded today), don’t do it. It’s not going to increase your conversions. A simple, “ Not today” or “No, thanks” would be more than enough. 

Now, onto your site! 

The quick fixes:

• Link your announcement bar
  • Replace your “About” Column with contact information in your footer
  • Speaking of your footer, duplicate your messaging on your newsletter form.
  • Add your linked email address to your contact page
  • As you get bigger, add filters for your collections such as color, rating, price, etc. 
  • Add your photo to your About page - people love to see real photos of merchants

Prioritize your main navigation
There are two strategies for your navigation that I find.

1. Focus on sales: Remove your blog and About from the main navigation while expanding your top collections. So it would be Home | Shop All | Clothing | Mugs | Technology. Something like that. 
  2. Focus on community-building: In this case, reformat how you use your store. I would do something more than blog. Expand it into Featured Fire Service Professional of the month or more of a community feel. In that sense, you’re not just highlighting your products but encouraging support for each other.

The reason why I would suggest finding your best strategy is because it’s going to change how you organize your main navigation. This may be a case where you start out with the first strategy and then incorporate the second strategy down the road.

When you start to get visitors, use session recordings (which act like a DVR for your website) to see how your visitors get around and navigate through your store.

Analyze your homepage
Right now, your homepage is fine. I would reframe your hero image messaging and add a killer CTA, but there’s nothing that just screams that it’s not going to work. That being said, use heatmaps after you launch to see how far people are scrolling and where they are clicking. You want to see what information they miss and what information is helping them move through the sales funnel. Also, remove the newsletter form above your footer. It’s just overkill at this point.

Summing it all up
Not going to lie here, Ted - your site is pretty much awesome. I get pretty nit-picky about things, but yours is pretty much set. I would encourage you to use those visitor behavior tools once you launch to really understand your visitors and what they are doing. 

When you use visitor behavior, you get to find exactly what stopped people from converting while improving their experience. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
FirstDueTed
Tourist
4 0 2

Danny, 

Thank you so much for such a thorough analysis of my store! And for doing so without decimating it....lol. 

• Understood about the confirm shaming. I fixed that on the popup.
  • I'm happy to add a link to the announcement bar. But since the current announcement isn't specific to any particular product/collection, what should I link the announcement to?
  • I'll add the contact info in the footer to replace the "About" section. I'll also link the email address to the Contact page.
  • I'll add a picture to my About page.
  • Your suggestion about the main navigation makes sense. I'll make that adjustment.
  • I LOVE the idea about a firefighter of the month (or something like that) to create a sense of community!
  • I agree about the newsletter signup from above the footer being overkill. It's gone.
  • I am very interested in the visitor behavior tools, and will definitely be in touch with you if I have any questions. 

Thank you again for taking the time to go through my site. I am VERY excited about getting this off the ground.

Ted

0 Likes
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
293 57 181

There's a lot to be excited for, Ted! You have a great niche and a great store. I can't wait to follow-up with you to see how the launch went. 

For the announcement bar, link it to your All Products collection. You already have some filters in there (I would clean them up a bit to avoid duplicates), so that's going to be very helpful. 

As for the visitor behavior tools, I'm partial to Lucky Orange since I'm one of the co-founders. If you need help getting started, let me know. It really pays to see what your visitors do because you don't have to guess or try to throw darts while blindfolded. 

- Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes

Hello @FirstDueTed 

Here are few suggestions for your new store which helps to get traffic. 

Add Testimonials: Testimonials give customers confidence in your product. They can resolve a customer’s primary concerns, make them feel good about contacting you, and solidify their decision to buy your products. Add testimonials in footer of home page.

Social sharing : As per promotion, Try add discount on social sharing feature  home page to promote your store by your customers. For this, you may consider our app Tuecus it has Free plan too.

Return policies: And trust is very important for website, So You can build trust by providing genuine information as store policies like refund and privacy in the footer part or header part of your store under home page, having a well-thought-out return policy clearly displayed in your store is key to attracting and keeping your customers. Simply You should give confidence to your customers.

Product Review: There are no reviews on the products. Add customer review , so that customer can review on your products. In product page place product review to know more information about products ,which makes customer to buy .

Store credits: Store Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and store credits. You can give store credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

Social login: I would like to suggest social login page like login with facebook,  instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

Blog: Add Blog page, You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility. 

You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

I would wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store. I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.

If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 660

Hello @FirstDueTedThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some suggestions that you need to work on:

- Add a call to action button on the banner image. 

AiTrillion_0-1623750996842.png

- Add a section of testimonials/ review carousel on the homepage. 

Increase the viewport of the store. The viewport is the user's visible area of a web page.

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store.

- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor an exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.

- Personalize your store, use personalization techniques. (product recommendations, live chat greetings, etc.) 65% of American customers consider positive, personal experiences to have more of an impact on them than advertising. 

To implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. This will help you to maximize engagement in your store and drive conversions. Bring all your marketing efforts to one place and don't bear the hassle of managing multiple apps in your Shopify store.

P.S- Free plan available. Try AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3717 213 660

Hey @FirstDueTed,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the all-in-one marketing app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.

Reply Awaited!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes