My store has been open for 2 years now. Year 1 was pretty successful. Made a few sales on Shopify as well as on other platforms. Year two however, has been extremely stale and I can't seem to figure out why.
My store offers a variety of products (Beauty, skincare, home decor, stationery etc) Essentially, it is a lifestyle store where I'm working to bring more variety.
So far, I have tried the below;
- Advertising with Micro Influencers (this is what my budget allows for).
- Advertising via Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads. I've spent thousands of dollars on these with little to no ROI.
- Hired a Shopify expert in the past to review
- I currently have an SEO Optimizer app that helps improve the SEO of the site.
- Working on building a social media presence by posting (sometimes several times a day) on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. (I also engage with other users)
- I use to have a review app to build trust but it no longer works with this new theme I have. (I have contacted the theme provider for assistance with this)
When I implemented google Ads I was getting the most website traffic however shoppers weren't making it to the cart. I would appreciate some insight, constructive criticism or review on my store to help me get more sales.
First of all, the store you have built looks phenomenal. Kudos to you for putting in the time and effort to build something that looks clean, polished, and professional. One thing I would suggest investing time into would be a blog. With blogs, you can create pieces of content that potential customers would be interested in. For example, let's say someone is searching online for interesting travel products and tips. You could write an article about this and recommend some of your own personal products (that you link to within the blog) that would make their travelling easier. This is known as customer acquisition in your buyer funnel. Specifically, these are customers who are in the 'informational stage' of the cycle. The goal of the blog is to answer those questions they have and provide solutions (your products). This gets them from the informational to the buyer's stage. It's an effective way to build a customer base on a budget. Because if you are putting the blog posts together yourself, it just requires time and effort on your end.
I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Thank you for such a quick response and taking the time to look over my site. It has been a labor of love. I currently do have blogs on the website (featured between the display of collections and the instagram display - towards the bottom of the site). There I write about the store's promotion of a happy, healthy lifestyle, the products and brands we carry and recommend products from the store as well.
Based on your recommendation, I think it maybe too low on the site and users probably loose interest before reaching that section so I have added a tap at the top for quick and easy access.
Thank You again for your recommendation.
Visited your site and was excited to see that you appeared to have a socially-conscious store that catered to Women Artisans all over Africa (as indicated in your banner). As I scrolled, I expected to see:
1. Images of these Artisans at work in the peocess of producing original works of art.
2. Vibrant colors of textiles, fabrics and smiles.
3. An About Us page that explained how purchasing products from your store would positively impact the lives of so many.
But none of this was found.
Help us to buy into your products and purpose. Be encouraged.
Clean site with a flawless look. The design is very professional and well done.
1. Add detailed product description in all product pages. Example: https://magnoliastudioandco.com/collections/books-stationery/products/sharon-pencil-case missing a detailed description
2. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
3. Left align the content of FAQs and Shipping & Returns pages will make the page look better.
4. Change Buy it now button label to Buy it Now
5. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
6. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.
7. Add filters in collection pages to help your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. Focus on creating content relevant to your customers, brand and business. Let flare worry about informing Google, Bing and many major search engines of your awesome content.
You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!