Looking for feedback on my Card shop. Going on 3 months open, taking some time to reflect.

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hey there, I recently opened the website boomboombuttcheeks.com with Shopify. I showcase and sell playing cards, primarily those used in Cardistry. Since opening May 3rd I’ve had ~7,000 sessions, and ~180 orders with an average order value of ~$50. My returning customer rate is ~25%.

The store is paired with my Instagram page, @boomboombuttcheeks

I’m pretty pleased with myself, I love the cardistry community and strive to be the best I can for my customers so any and all feedback please, I have big plans for the store 😲✌️.

Okay I’m gonna stop there before this feels any more like advertising.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

Hey, there!

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team. It sounds like you have been successful in finding a niche that you are also passionate about. This is a formula for e-commerce success!

I'd love to offer some suggestions to help the visual component of your website and bring your products to the forefront of your store.

Translator app: I noticed you're offering some translations in another language. The use of an app can help clean up the page and remove text that otherwise starts to look bulky. A translator app works in one of two ways. It adds a drop-down list to your store where the user can select the language they wish to see your content in or it detects a user's IP address and automatically translates your content into the appropriate language.

News section: I love that you're making sure to keep your content currently by adding updates. I recommend freeing up your home page by adding a menu item in your navigation for news and updates.

Shipping section: This would be another great menu item to add into your navigation to help free up space on your home page.

Categories/Collections: Without knowing too much about the culture of your product, it's hard to know whether categorization would be possible but if you can (by type, color, style, theme, etc) it can help streamline the way your customers search for what they want.

Finally, I recommend considering offering some sale incentive like a discount wheel or even bundling some of your products for a better price. Have a look at the apps Spin to Win Wheel and Product Bundles.

How are you marketing your website? Do any fan groups exist on Facebook or other forums?

Hope I've been able to help with some ideas and add some value here. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Congrats on the store. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as there is to much text in your image above fold. I would make your Terms and your About Us page different pages.

2. I would feature less product on your homepage and maybe focus on the most popular ones.

3. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for. Also make sure your contact email is your domain name

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. Add a product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

4. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

5. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes