Looking for feedback on my first Shopify Store

Tourist
7 0 2

Hi guys,

First time shopify user here, so I'm learning as I go along and trying not to get overwhelmed with all the information. I had actually posted this a few days ago, but I clicked solved, so I'm not sure if that meant no one could reply on that thread? Apologies for the double post if that's not the case. 

The site is www.theDecor.Store

The site is focused on home decor, with a strong focus on prints and posters, but I do have a few other areas I want to touch on.

I'd love to get any and all feedback, no matter how critical it is on the site.  I'm also curious if anyone has any suggestions on a theme that may suit the site better? Preferably free, but I'd consider paid if it worked really well.

Looking forward to the feedback!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
806 28 222

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

The store looks very professional, if that’s your first ever store, you’ve done a pretty amazing job :)

I love the homepage, it looks inviting to browse and very user-friendly. One thing I noticed, that might affect your conversion rate, are the product images. 

For example, this wall sticker product: https://thedecor.store/collections/babies-toddlers/products/gold-other-colored-polka-dot-wall-sticke... has an adorable picture displayed on the collection page:

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 08.42.39.png

But when I click on the product page, the first image I see is this one:Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 08.42.49.png

Which can be quite confusing; it feels like customer clicked on a completely different product.

It would be great to stay consistent with the product images, in the way to show the same image on the collection page, and the same as the main image of the product [featured image]. This way, customers are assured they are viewing the same item, with other different variations.

Consider also using the picture of the blush dots, than just using a color square - you ask people to do the hard work themselves and imagine how your product would look like in a different color - I’d suggest asking a pro [Fiverr to the rescue] to do the dots in different colors, so you make it easy for your customers to view how the bedroom would look with pink dots and compare them comfortably.

This alone can help you improve your conversion rate and sales quite significantly.

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info 

If you found these tips useful, please leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Get 2 Google page #1 in 30 days | Join my Facebook community to learn how it's done | Click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/30days2page1/

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

Thanks! 

That feedback on the images is definitely a valuable one. I'll be sure to change the sequence of images so that it's consistent!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
137 20 33

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a quick look at your site and you've done some great work so far. 

- The branding is great, I love your logo. I do think the Favicon isn't readable though, so maybe there's something else you can use for that? 

- Be sure to have someone proof-read the text on your site, for example, this. Create cute and comfy what for your baby? There are a few grammatical and spelling errors I spotted when browsing the site.

- You should try to incorporate some reviews/testimonials on your landing page. This will help you with conversions. 

- In terms of product niche, I can see that you cater to gamers and nursery. I'm just curious how you are going to market your business to these largely different audiences all at once? What is the marketing strategy for the store? How are you going to target both audiences at once? 

Have you created marketing personas for your store? There's a nice article here on how you can create them. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2
Thank you for the great points.

I'm in the process of going through now to make sure descriptions are correct and punchy. It's definitely a learning experience, but as with anything else, practice will make perfect.

In terms of the reviews and testimonials, given that this is a new store, do you have any suggestions on how to best regards reviews and meaningful testimonials?

As for reaching the different demographics, this is my first attempt at this, so I'm open to any suggestions but,

I'm doing and plan do do a few things

1. I'm trying to build the instrgam and Facebook pages with relevant posts.

2. I have a Series of articles planned for the site focused on each category, and my goal is to keep content flowing specific to each category.

3. I have a few facebook campaigns planned that are specific to each genre. I'm going to use the response / metrics from this to then determine how best to retarget for conversion.

Open to any and all suggestions though!!!

Thank you
0 Likes
Excursionist
160 6 22

Hi @thedecorstore 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

You might consider adding reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

0 Likes
Trailblazer
371 22 92

Hi ,

Store looks good and has decent potential to drive sales.
Its hard to tell, why you can't convert traffic to sales, maybe visitors won't find your store appealing or you just unable to build trust among visitors.
I have reviewed your store and updated you, how to be more appealing and drive sales with better effeciency.
Also this will help you in improving UI which is honestly not that great and overall functionalities.

1. Instead of using logo as favicon. Use some part of your logo as favicon, it will be more visible.
  2. Homepage is too short. Try adding some intersting things to it like instagram images or testimonials.
    Also, please try to move newsletter section to footer as it will save some space.
    Instead, You can add another section of Frequently Bought/Clicked/Trending/Bestselling products on your home page.
  3. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.

4. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  5. Taking someone to the cart is a challenge. So to make them buy from your site, add a longer product description as it leads to better SEO ranking in google search.  Ref article from shopify 
  6. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  7. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront.
    This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.
  8. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

9. You have around 230 prouducts , it can sometimes make it hard to find the right product for the new user with the type of theme you have so I would suggest you A smart search . The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it is empty https://thedecor.store/search?q= . Improving your search, experience has shown to improve conversion rates and reduce the bounce rate for your visitors.

10. Try using Sparq which allows advanced filters, typo tolerance and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.They offer a free App under 100 products .You Should look for that APP , it is user friendly and easy to use .Check out the features live here. I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you so much for the great feedback. I'm in the process of implementing a lot of what you mentioned in your post, so lets hope for the best!

0 Likes
Trailblazer
371 22 92

Thankyou for liking the feedback. Happy to help you.
Were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes