Looking for feedback on my homepage design.

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi, I am have recently changed my homepage to be shorter, allowing the consumer to shop by category (previously there was list of sub-categories on the homepage which made it quite long). Since changing the layout (3 days ago), I have noticed a reduction in bounce rate, increased AOV but the time spent on site has decreased (by 30 seconds) along with the conversion rate (by .40%). I know its only been 3 days but I would love some feedback on how I could improve the homepage. URL is https://louandbelle.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 26 109

Hey there, @Louandbelle!

That’s an exciting response to your changes. That’s great! I’m sure this is just the start of greatness for Lou & Belle. :-)

For your homepage, I like the look of it a lot. I would still add a CTA button to your hero image. 

Are you using any visitor behavior tools, such as heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit)?

The thing is that even with the shorter homepage, people may not be t scrolling through. It’ll help you see what your customers are doing to help you replicate your success and understand WHY they are a success. I love to see that you’ve already seen such a positive impact, but you don’t know if it’s because you shortened it or added collections or both. 

Let’s talk about newsletters for a second. I know you want to build your list, but having it right above the footer and then again in the footer isn’t necessary. Keep one or the other. Also, add in some value to join it. What kind of offers? Would you consider something like 15% off your first order? 

Now, your footer. I like your Latest News column, but I don’t think you need the summary to show. It just adds more text. People likely aren’t making it down, but heatmaps will show you for sure. 

Navigation/Product Pages
Heatmaps can help you on the navigation as well. Where are people clicking? Where are they not clicking? 

I would add filters here. I like that you can browse by different keywords, but that list needs to be cleaned up (i.e., there’s bib and bibs, baby blanket and blanket on the list). I would also add things like colors, type of clothing, price, availability, print, sizing, etc.

Additionally, make sure the price is converted automatically via a currency localization app. You’re going to be able to broaden your customer base by not limiting to the EU.

On to the product page! I’m looking at the Organic Tutu Toucan Dress. A few things that stand out:

1. Don’t calculate shipping during checkout. Get that upfront so that customers know what to expect. Nothing kills a sale faster than surprise shipping costs.
  2. What is GOTs certified? Explain it, even if it’s linking to an FAQ about it. 
  3. Leave a place for reviews and invite your customers to leave a review in their post-purchase communication with you. 

Watch session recordings of people interacting with your store. I would be curious to see how they’re engaging with elements or navigating. 

This also would be an excellent time to use live chat. If someone is struggling, you could reach out to them or they could reach out to you to get clarification. 

Visitor behavior is really going to shed new light on your changes. You’re going to be able to see what customers think and how it adjusts their behavior. Instead of just seeing an increase of time on site, you’ll see what they’re doing on your site.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Personally I find the top header too big and intrusive. If it were much thinner you would see the pictures underneath much better as you scroll down. Also perhaps pictures could be smaller, four to a row, iIt woud be easier to see them and you would see more at once. I'm just a beginner, so don't pay too much attention!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Lou and Belle,

What a wonderful start! You have really invested a lot of effort in designing your store layout and niche. But, some basic elements are missing. To know them, look into the below-mentioned pointers :

• On the product page, the "product description" should be a little more detailed to impress the customer.
  • Multiple "newsletters" are not desirable on the homepage.
  • Add  Twitter and Linked In business pages to the site footer.
  • "Contact Form" is missing in the "Contact Us" section.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

Well done till now, All the best!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Louandbelle I do agree that the header is a bit too "wide".

With that said, the products themselves - super cute. What would be just that tad more amazing:

1. Adding some social proofing in store. many methods to so do : either through testimonials or through stickers that call out "bestsellers" or "trending toy" or stuff like that. Apps like these can help you with getting such stickers made .

2. Creating a bit of a urgency through sale or offers clearly highlighted. Again simple stickers can do enough.

3. Finally adding some content will really help - like videos or blogs! and linking from home page.

In short, some amount of social proof & urgency will help!

<3

Stay safe

Kay

ModeMagic

Kay Mann, the eCommerce nerd and Bitmoji fan :)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Ali

Great store and you have done a nice job on the branding. We work on 3 kids brands in North America, including Rose & Rex., selling kids toys, shoes and clothing Going to use that experience to give you some feedback on your store

Homepage Feedback

1. I would move your About Us section and put that in your footer. Right now it gets lost just below the fold

2. Make your contact email your domain name, which looks more professional then a gmail account

3. Feature less product on the home page and make each product have a bigger image will make it stand out. Right now you have 10 products in New Arrivals and it's hard to see what each product is

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. Some products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Make sizing chart and link to it from your product pages and in the footer. You don't want parents buying the wrong size

3. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
2 Likes