Looking for feedback on my jewelry store, Nilley

Highlighted
3 0 0

Today I reached 400 sessions and still didn't get any order.  And actually, I can't figure it out, where is the main problem...

Website URL: https://nilley.com/

All my advertising is mostly based on Facebook:

• Facebook Groups - posting in a lot of groups like Gift ideas, jewelry etc..
  • Facebook Ads - dont think, its bad targeted:
    • Location: United Kingdom: London England, Ireland: Dublin Dublin, Norway: Bergen Hordaland; Oslo Oslo, Sweden: Stockholm Stockholm County, United States: San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose California; Denver Colorado; Hartford Connecticut; Washington, District of Columbia Washington, District of Columbia; Boston Massachusetts; New York; Seattle Washington
    • People Who Match: Interests: Gift, Gift shop, Swarovski, Earring, Diamond, Ring (jewellery), Jewelry, romance or Necklace, Behaviors: Anniversary (within 61-90 days) or Engaged Shoppers, Life Event: Anniversary within 30 days or Anniversary within 31-60 Days
    • And Must Also Match: Relationship Status: In a relationship, Engaged or Civil Union

When I had fewer products, all products were with about 40% discount (was set Compare Price). Then I tried to remove Compare Price for all products and added a new section with "Personalized jewelry" and there was a lot of stuff with discounts... But still, don't work. Any suggestions? Maybe the design is bad? In Advertisement already spent 40$

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
58 0 8

Hi Nilley,

Before I can help you out why your visitors are not converting, let's take a step back a bit and look at the funnel of the 400 sessions you have.

- Out of the 400 sessions is this to only a single page? If so, we can figure out the bounce rate (the rate at which they have quickly left the site). The higher the bounce rate could mean several things but one major point is that you might just simply are be targetting the wrong audience.

- Next, out of the 400 seasons, how many of them go on to the next page? What products are they looking at?

- Finally, you can figure out how many actual customers are adding things to your shopping cart.

All of these metrics can be tracked and viewed through Google Analytics, which I hope you had already setup.

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey! Thank you for your response!

Just disabled my own country from analytics, so results will be more clear since I don't even advertise in my own country and it's not honest to use my own data as analyzing data.

Here are the results from my site (Analytics Data):

Bounce Rate: 85.87%
Avg. Session Duration: 00:00:08
Users: 269
Sessions: 276
Page Views: 368
Pages/Session: 1.33

In 3 weeks, I got only one product added to the shopping cart, but it's abandoned, so I just sent to the customer 10% DISCOUNT email. 

In my opinion, product descriptions look great, so that's not the main problem.  I am 100% sure, that the problem is in Advertising. One thing, that came in my just now, maybe it's because I mostly in advertisement use Carousel Ads? I tried by one product with multiple images and also tried to launch a carousel with multiple products, but it was the worst ADS of all campaigns (price per click was high, insights was very low). 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
58 0 8

Ads are only effective if you know exactly the demographics of who your buyers are. 

Looking at your bounce rate at 86% with the duration of 8 seconds proves you are probably targetting the wrong people who have no interest in the product.

There is also a possibility that users lose interest after quickly looking at your product page. The only way to find out is to experiment with a new product page to see if you can improve the length of the avg session duration.

You need to find a way to quickly experiment and measure your results and improve. Once you do this, I'm confident that you will be able to pinpoint who your ideal buyers are and make many sales. Don't give up and keep experimenting and learning quickly.

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks and expand globally with Beacon. https://apps.shopify.com/beacon
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

So, you suggest to make redesign or what? And what's the best way to find right audiance?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey,

Your website has a great start. I would like to mention what the visual U/I seems to be pushing a sale instead of walking me through the product to filter and find which product would fit my specifications. Creating a U/I branding towards you vision is def a great way to make you stand out, but setting the products / collections and content is also just as important.

Hope this brings you ideas.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
486 26 98

Hi @Nilley 

Hey congratulations on opening such a great store, honestly I like it a lot, but I think there might be a couple things you could consider changing.

Another thing you might want to add is a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

An important thing I couldn't find is an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

Also I noticed that you don't have a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

Another thing you might want to add is reviews. Adding reviews would help your customers research the products they are going to buy. Plus if someone likes a product they bought from you they can leave a review.

One thing to consider is adding a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
58 0 8

Finding the right audience requires you to do a lot of research and understanding your previous customers. You can go out and conduct interviews or pass out questionnaires to get the answers you need. Go to forums or subreddit groups, etc.. It just takes a bit of creativity to get the necessary data you need in order to build an advertising profile to target more of the same customer type.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1053 52 157

Hey, if you are getting so many sessions and no order. I would suggest you to start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases and helps in retaining your customers.

You can add web push notifications. Web Push Notifications are clickable rich content messages sent to your device by a website or a web app. It can be delivered to your device, mobile or desktop, even when the user is not on your website. It can be used in retargeting with push notifications include browse abandonment, retargeting users abandoning the shopping cart, activating dormant users with offers, retaining users with personalized content and more. I am open to further discussion. 

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes