Looking for feedback on my little soap shop

patriciah
Tourist
10 2 2

I opened up this online shop in April 2020, and I’ve tweaked it since then numerous times. I’m curious if anybody has any feedback for me considering how the front end of the site looks with the hero image and if you get a good sense of wanting to shop the store.  It seems that I get quite a few visitors who only look at one page. Any other feedback you might provide me would be wonderful! Thank you so much.

www.soapworksfactory.com

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1002 137 328

Hey @patriciah,

I've taken a look through your store and have some feedback for you.

screencapture-soapworksfactory-2021-06-15-11_13_01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

SEO 2
I can tell there has been some work done there, which is great, I’d encourage you to keep working on it more. When writing your SEO, you want to make sure you include the same words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. You have product names such as “Cedarwood, Juniper Berry, Eucalyptus & Lavender Luxury Bar” and “Sage, Ylang Ylang & Lavender Luxury Bar”, the issue here is that a person trying to find this type of product in Google is not going to type “Cedarwood, Juniper Berry, Eucalyptus & Lavender Luxury Bar” or Sage, Ylang Ylang & Lavender Luxury Bar” into the search bar. Additionally, trying to rank for scents such Sage, Lavender, etc. may produce incorrect traffic as those keywords are likely being searched by people looking to purchase essential oils. I know SEO is no small task but it’s going to make a big impact. One very important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience (high traffic is not a good thing if it is the wrong kind of traffic). Good SEO will help you reach your intended audience organically. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO that you can watch here:

POWERED BY SHOPIFY
This is completely optional but if you’d like to remove the text “Powered by Shopify” at the bottom, here is how to do it:

SOCIAL MEDIA
I noticed you don’t have any social media links listed. Having an active social media presence adds trust to your brand. If there’s nothing about your brand online, it’s a red flag to your visitors. Potential customers are going to research before purchasing and one of the first places they are going to check is social media. Highly recommend getting on social media and adding those links to your Shopify store.

SALES CHANNELS
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your social media pages. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram.

LOCAL SALES
With everything you do locally, make sure to include a business card with a discount for their next online order. This will create awareness that you have an online shop. Here is how to create a discount code:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

I’d encourage you to connect with other small handmade businesses in your area and ask if they want to collaborate to put together gift baskets. You’d add a bar of soap, they might add a candle or a piece of jewelry, another person might add a handmade card, etc. 

I’d also recommend post online to local community Facebook pages, marketplace, join any handmade groups, etc. If there are online markets I would join them and definitely in person when they are up and running again.

You could also go to local gift shops and flower shops to see if they are interested in carrying a selection of your products or collaborating with you.

Another thing you could do for marketing that would help you expand outside the local umbrella is to create videos of you making your products. You could either make them tutorials, teaching others how to make soap, which could potentially lead to a different type of income for you (a course) or you could do a voiceover and talk about something you are passionate about that will resonate with your target audience. This can be soap tips, maybe information on the ingredients you use, something about you personally or etc.  You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
It has the potential to be a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns adsense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be great for you, hope you give it a go!

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. If you would like to book a session, you can do so here: https://calendly.com/ecomgeeks/1-1-session

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

patriciah
Tourist
10 2 2

Thank you for taking the time to give me all that information. I do have a YouTube channel for my other business that has almost 10,000 followers and I have been using it to also market my soap company. I also have done discounts, and a number of other things that you listed, and you are correct in saying that my SEO looks like it’s been worked on.  I still have a lot of work to do on that one aspect, but I know it will help populate Google search is much better. I’m glad that you mentioned with the search engine optimization was truly showing, because I totally agree with you on reducing the verbiage of it so that people can more easily find what I do market. And as much as I like my masthead, I was afraid that what you said was going to be what was needed. I can easily add the shop now button but I do think I’ll have to change the image, reduce the text and hit them hard right at the top.  I so greatly appreciate all the information that you’ve provided me. You really put me on a path. Should I wish to pursue it further, I will certainly reach out to you. It is so critical to maximize everything that I can so that I can maximize profit. I greatly appreciate all your time and care.

0 Likes

Hi @patriciah 

This is PageFly - Free Landing Page Builder. I would love to provide my recommendation for your store based on 5 years of providing solutions for about 100.000 active Shopify merchants.

1. Home page

1.1 Make the menu sticky

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. The menu has a search bar, and making a search bar prominent is very important. This helps customers feel rest assured and they can search anytime when they scroll up or down on the home page.

1.2 Show off featured products on the home page

You can show featured products for each collection and put CTA buttons for each product, like my Chloe template

Chloe – PageFly 2021-03-12 08-21-02.png

1.3 Add a section to show product benefits

You can consult my Logan template

Logan R2 – PageFly 2021-06-16 08-52-28.png

You can show some highlights of a featured product.

1.4 Display social media

As usual, social media is one of the effective ways to get more traffic and make a good connection with your customers. By displaying social media such as Instagram (or Facebook, Twitter) and constantly updating the feed.

=> I have a guide on personalizing the Shopify home page, check it if you are interested in it because it provides many tips.

1.5 Provide a list of Recently viewed items

Many customers want to view previous items. If it’s too difficult to view again previous items, they will likely frustrated, and may not purchase anymore.

=> What helps you to build your store more easily, especially what helps you to build all options I comment on above is a page builder.

It would be a good choice for you to have professional sites that look incredible on mobile & desktop without any extra coding, and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

Hi @patriciah 

Hope you are doing good. Your store looks nice and here are few suggestions. , for getting good traffic and  for attracting customers to your store

Rewards and credits: Credits helps to increase the orders, and make customers to buy the products with rewards and credits. You can give credits for registration, subscription, Order credits, Cart Value, Item review, Monthly, Birth day, Referral and many more. This will assist you with captivating your customers and hold them. You can compensate your customers to reclaim those focuses. At the point when you will offer focuses to them they will come back again later on to cause a buy to reclaim those focuses. Setup a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.

Blog: Add Blog page, You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility. 

Social login: I can also suggest social login page like login with facebook, instagram , google ,linked in and twitter. which helps the customer to login easily .

Trust badges :I see you added trust badges on home page, try add them on product details page too.

Product videos :You can create a videos on your products and these also you can share on social media pages daily, this will helpful for your conversions.

Reduce the space with more product images or with product videos 

Screenshot (23).png

As per promotion, Try add discount on social sharing feature in home page to promote your store by your customers. For this, you may consider our app Tuecus. it has Free plan too.

I would wish that you will take this suggestions into consideration to increase traffic into your store. I suggest our app Tuecus-Customer Account Page for enjoying all this features and to attract customers.

If you find it useful, leave a like and accept solution to let me know!

Thanks
team Tuecus

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Page
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 214 669

Hello @patriciahThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. After reviewing your store, here is the feedback on your store:

- Add a title to this section 'Our Collection'.

AiTrillion_0-1623827103139.png

- Add social media links in the footer. 

- Product page and collection page looks good. 

- Give product recommendations by personalizing the customers' shopping experience. Using personalization strategies on your Shopify store is an unparalleled way to increase retention rates. Add a section of trending and new products on the homepage.

- Add loyalty program. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. You can send back in stock and price drop alert notifications to bring customers back to your store. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

To implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. This will help you to maximize engagement in your store and drive conversions.

P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
218 16 76

Hello @patriciah 

Hope you are doing well! Your shop looks very neat and organized. Good job is done there. The theme matches your products very well.

Here are some areas where you could consider working on

• Add a sticky header. The headings are important to navigate the site. If the headers keep disappearing, it makes it hard to find what the customer is looking for. That is why if you make your headers sticky, the user can see them even if they have scrolled down, which makes the site more user friendly.

You can also consider making your headings a bit bigger or bolder, so that they catch the eye more easily.

• Your store logo might need an improvement as a company’s Logo grabs attention, makes a strong first impression, is the foundation of your brand identity.

• It is a good idea to place a banner on the homepage that tells your customers exactly what they are looking for. You may add a separate banner for each of your product types. 

It is also a good idea to have multiple slides on your banner (each should stay for around 5seconds) for each product type and have the CTA buttons for each slide redirect the customer to a different product page.

• Because this is an online store and people cannot touch and feel your products before buying them, they rely heavily on product images, which is why the images have to look top-notch.

The main problem most Shopify store owners have is that they upload raw images of their products. On the website, this makes the product color dull and unappealing. Especially for this kind of product, it is a good idea to have multiple images of the product, from multiple angles, so that the customer can have a feel of what they are buying. If you are looking for an image processing company that will solve all your needs, you can check out CutOutWiz.

• A good idea is to have your newsletter as a popup so that it shows up when the customer enters the home page. This will make it more visible and attract more people to your newsletter from where you can target more interested people.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz
patriciah
Tourist
10 2 2

Thank you for everyone’s insights. You all have provided a lot of information and I greatly appreciate it.

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3750 214 669

Hey @patriciah,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the all-in-one marketing app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help or you can email our support at support@aitrillion.com

P.S- Free plan available, install AiTrillion for free here.

Reply Awaited!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
millersues
1 0 0

Do you have a favourite shop? I have, one of my favorite shop is https://www.aussiecandlesupplies.com.au/products/candle-making-kit-beginners. Who knows me, I'm a lover of shampoo, different candles' scents and good smelling oils. If I enter into a cosmetic shop or of any kind and I find amazing products and not only, you can find there some bioproducts. In general I am proud of this platform, It is comfortable, easy to use and accessible. I recommend it to my super friends, they were delighted too. Now, we all order only from this shop.

0 Likes