Hi everyone, I recently switched my store from Wix to Shopify and I must say that I am seeing an increase in traffic and sales. I went ahead and hired a website designer to create my website for me. However, I would like some feed back on it. I started running some Ads and I get good traffic for a new store but the sales don't equate to the visitors. Therefore I am trying to locate what the disconnect is or might be. I would appreciate and insights you might have.
My website is www.klosetessentials.com
Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. I'll leave some tips at the end on how I would improve the store too.
When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. After Google Shopping is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook.
Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.
Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.
Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.
Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales. Now here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know
Hi @Latoya !
I can see that you have done a lot of work already, and your shop is very organized and looks very good!
You are already using a lot of features as Reviews, Instagram, Wishlist.
However, I can see that you do not have so many reviews, though it is very crucial to have enough testimonials, as it is social proof. One of the reasons it can be because you need to implement ONE app, that will include all the features, and make it work as one mechanism. I do not want sound salesy and to offer you something that you do not need - but this kind of app can improve the functionality of your store.
Growave - is an app, that has 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc.
Hello @Latoya ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Hi @Latoya welcome to Shopify family
I hope your business is going well during this CoVid crisis. I checked your website and it looks neat!
I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:
1. The logo placement can be changed from the center to top left as everyone has the habit of reading from left to right people will actually recognize the brand if the logo is placed on left.
2. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
3. Engaging the audience by writing a blog with good titles and posting them on different social media platforms will be helpful as it helps you to reach out to the masses.
4. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. I think an addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%
5. A search feature on your homepage will give easy access to customers as more than 50% of users on a landing page head straight to search box to navigate the site. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
6. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review.
7. You need to create urgency and social proof on your store for that adding visually attractive stickers like a number to products left, upcoming sales, In trend will grab the attention and excite the customer.(Attaching one of your product image as a reference)
I hope this helps!