I'm looking for some constructive criticism on my new store that has cat themed products. Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to look it over.
The site can be found here: https://www.beanandluci.com
-Bean and Luci
Congratulations on opening your new store! The idea is really awesome, and Bean and Lucy are extremely cute
Here is some feedback on your webpage.
My first impression when I saw the store was that it was too cluttered. For example, the About Section, where Bean and Lucy are introduced is taking up some solid space which could have been used to organize your items more neatly. I would suggest making a separate About Us tab, where you can place it much more comfortably.
Secondly, I notice that your products are classified according to theme, rather than according to products. This is difficult for customers who are, for instance, looking for cat-themed mugs. if you catalog them according to products, it will be easier to sort. Because the first picture of each theme are t-shirts, nobody would expect to find mugs or phone covers when they go inside.
Finally, there is a lot of blank space being wasted as background. If you crop off the unnecessary background, you can make your product images larger, which will get the customer attention more easily. On that note, try not to add caption in such a big font on the pictures, it wastes space. The captions can be beside or below the pictures. The detailed captions are given only when I click the picture, but it is important to place at least a few key words beside the image, so that it makes me interested to click on the image.
Hope this is what you are looking for! Feel feel to reach out in case of any queries!
Have seen your site and have some comments for you:
- The announcement bar and logo take too much space here. I think you need to narrow down those parts.
- On your banners, you should add some messages or titles here.
- You're having too two sections that show your collections. I think one is suitable.
Instead of that, you can add a featured collection or a featured products section.
- On your product pages, you need to add:
+ The Sticky Add to Cart bar
+ More Upsell and Cross-sell methods
- Have seen your Instagram account and it has so much good content. You can add an Instagram gallery to show your Instagram content. Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery, it will help you create an amazing one.
- If you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, the Drag and Drop PDF invoice will help you create many unique templates.
Hope this helps!
This is PageFly - #1 Shopify Page Builder. I'm here to give you some point of view about your website base on my experiment. Hope that it is helpful for you.
1. First impression: I appreciate that your website have been organized very well. It's clear enough for customer to scan and understand. The top header to show promotion on Black Friday is also attractive and eye-catching.
However, I think you should consider to change the background color or even change to another theme, which is in more adorable style that would better fits the products you are selling.
The current background is a bit too dark.
2. You should make product categories the first level of the Main Navigation rather than putting them all on a catalog. Showing categories on Main Navigation will allow your customers find products that fit their needs more effectively, instead of letting them go through many touch points before reaching the products they want.
3. Help your customers to see products' variations without accessing product detail page by creating swatches under product image. This will reduce touch point until they complete the purchage, or in other words, reduce the times customers need to go through before they hit "Buy". The more time customers have to consider, the more likely you will lose your sales.
Another suggestion on this point: with fashion products, you can add Secondary Hover Image to show variations instead of using swatches.
4. To make your website more professional, please consider other features like:
I hope these recommendations will help.
The last thing, I recommend you to check out more latest tips to boost sales in this guide.
If you find it difficult to make changes to your storefront, you may want to take a look at PageFly - we will help you to build up store with no coding skill required, free subscription plan and 24/7 support.
If you find my suggestion helpful to you, please hit "Like" and comment.
Have a nice day then!
Hi @Beanandluci !
Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design. Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.
Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
Hi @Beanandluci welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. In your homepage, I would suggest highlighting a few more collections (Featured Product, Best Seller, and New Arrivals) and keeping some testimonials as social proof as well. Keep in mind that the homepage should be engaging customers, but also not too cluttered which might make your customers bounce off.
2. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.
3. Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!
Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.
I hope this helps!
Hello @Beanandluci, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:
- Create a drop-down menu in the catalog option of the header menu.
- After displaying the collection on the homepage. Add the section of the new arrival, trending products, recently viewed.
- Create a category in the header menu.
- You can add a Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
- You can add a reward program for giving points and let customers redeem on their next purchase.
- Retarget your customers even when they are not in your store any time with the help of web push notifications.
Engaging your customers will help you to drive more conversions and will retain them for the long term.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.