Looking for feedback on my new shop, Colors Brazil

Solved
Nathalia_Maduen
Tourist
7 0 1

Hello all

I have launched my store in September and I believe I got to a point that I don't see anything else I could do to improve the experience while navigating my website. So here I am asking for your input/feedback.

Basically I would like to know if you guys find easy and nice to navigate through my store, finding products, finding answers for possible questions.

Thank you so much for your time and here is the link to my store www.colorsbrazil.com

Nathalia

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
295 58 182

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Nathalia_Maduen!  

Bom dia! You’ve worked hard on your site, and it shows. The good news is that there are also plenty of opportunities to improve.

Homepage

• Announcement bar: Link it to your Shop All collection. Take out the “Welcome to the store” and explain what they get. For example: “Get 10% off your order with code THANKYOU10” - it’s going to make it easier to see what the offer is. 
  • Hero image: Limit it to one image rather than multiple images. Also, add a CTA button to whatever you use. Click heatmaps, which show you where people click, will show you which one has the most engagement with your visitors.
  • Instead of jumping into your newest creations, I would highlight your collections. That collection list may be easier for someone to jump into a product rather than see your newest collections. You have to remember that someone right now isn’t going to your store because they love your products (but they will!); they are there to find a specific product.
  • Comb through your page with a fine tooth. Use a scroll heatmap to see what details people miss and then use a click heatmap to see where they are clicking instead. You want to see how they use your homepage to really dive into what their experience is. For example, your Colors of Brazil “Buy Local” feature isn’t linked, and since visitors may be from around the world, “Buy Local” may be lost on them. 

Footer

• Newsletter: Add value! Do they get a discount for signing up? What?
  • Contact Us: Add your contact information in here as well, especially your email address. For the form, take out the phone number field. It’s a field that has a high abandonment rate.
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address. 
  • Privacy Policy: Link your URLs and email address. 
  • Shipping Policy: I would try to add in shipping cost estimates here as well. Visitors generally don’t like surprises, especially in shipping costs. The more information you can provide them in helping to know what to expect, the better. 
  • Social Media: Make sure it opens in a new tab rather than the same tab. 

Main Navigation

• You have far too many options here. I would whittle this down a little. Use a heatmap to see where people are clicking. If no one is clicking on On Sale, Our Story, or About Golden Grass (which is the same as Our Story?), move them to the footer or remove them from the navigation. 
  • I would also pay attention to what collections people are using. Instead of offering Shop Categories, it may be better to divide it into Women’s Jewelry | Men’s Jewelry | Aromatherapy to simplify the process.
  • Watch session recordings, which show you what people did during their visit, to see what people are doing. How are they navigating? Where do they click? Or not click?
  • Also, a glitch: When I clicked on a top level navigation (i.e., Men’s Jewelry) with a drop-down, I have to decide a sub-category to click into. I can’t just see one collection as a whole. 

Collection Pages

• The biggest thing here is that your filters are just too much. It’s not helpful at all. I counted 150 filters, and that’s just through the “B” filters. There are many options that are duplicates and just not helpful! 
  • When you add filters, think about what would help your visitors. Things like cost, material, style, etc. will be more helpful than listing every single keyword you’ve used for the collections.

Product Pages

• I would highly suggest adding in some model pictures to show how the image looks on a real person. It’s easier to see and imagine it on yourself when you see it on another person.
  • The only other thing is to encourage those reviews! Add in your post-purchase confirmation emails an invitation to leave a review.

Wrapping it up: You’ve done great here, and you need to be proud at how hard you’ve worked. You don’t need to do a complete overhaul here; you need to use visitor behavior to find out those conversion pain points and areas of friction. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps - good luck!

Cheers - Danny from Lucky Orange

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
542 50 200

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Nathalia_Maduen

Have seen your store and have some suggestions for you. 

At first, all the suggestions that the guy said above are very helpful, so I think you should follow those ideas.

There are some of my added comments:

- At some banners, some texts are quite hard to see. You can consider changing the design or text color. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1602817167959.png

- Add Quickview buttons for your products to allow your customers to see more product details faster. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1602817298170.png

- About the "MEET THE MAKER" section, the photo should be moved to the right and bigger. And about the texts, maybe you need to add personal information, like your name. And have a CTA button for this section. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1602817513759.png

- The title for this section is needed. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1602817842694.png

This is an amazing video but also add the title.  

ConveyLego0612_4-1602817918430.png

- I cannot see the full content of this section and also cannot click on anything. Maybe you need to redesign this part. 

ConveyLego0612_5-1602818013029.png

- I've seen your Instagram account, and it has much good content. Therefore, I think you can consider having your own Instagram gallery for your store. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one and also make it shoppable. 

- Add the title like "Description". 

ConveyLego0612_6-1602818682277.png

- I see you're selling many types of products, so I think you can use some upsell and cross-sell methods to increase your sales. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com