Looking for feedback on my new shop, Gordon Llewellyn Design

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi there

I've had my store open since January and would be very grateful for any feedback that folk may care to give me. I've recently revised my product descriptions to include keywords that were recommended to me for my products, and have been upgrading content and images to be more appealing. My store sells my textile designs on pillows and fabric by the yard.

My URL is https://gordonldesign.com

It seems when folk visit my site they leave again quite quickly, so I'm trying to find out how to make my site more appealing to visitors.

Many thanks for your time!

Gordon

0 Likes
Highlighted

HI @gordb ,

I just reviewed your website. I have noticed a few things that you might consider taking to make your store better. 

Homepage: I like your homepage very organized.  As homepage guides visitors around website so its content should be strategically decided. You can add sections such as ‘Customer testimonials’, ‘popular products’, 'New Arrivals',‘offers & discount banners’ to engage new customers. Also, add a favicon on the store

Header Size: Reduce the size of header. Also logo makes a strong first Impression. So for Brand identity, you need a proper logo to represent your business.

Product Page: Product description formatting could be more organized. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information. 

Write a review - This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add write a review section on your website and display it with the aggregate rating. 

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Speed Optimization - To increase visitors you need to work on your website speed as I am seeing it is very low i.e 19%. It should be above 65-70%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate. 

908209b6-6cbb-4895-baab-05b0551e0a3a.png

Social Media: Integrating more social plugins on your website to increase traffic. Create social media pages for your business helps to reach more customers. Social media make your business visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with your new and existing users. 

Scroll Back to Top Button: You can create a scroll top button to take a user at the top of the website to improve your website’s overall user experience.

Ads: If you want to increase sales I would recommend to start off Facebook or Google Shopping ads. It becomes easier to get conversion faster and grow your business with the help of Ads.

I hope you like my feedback!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
441 48 97

Hi @gordb

Hyde here from Shopify. That's a lovely store!

You've done a killer job. It looks crisp, clean, and sharp. The products are beautiful.

I have a couple of suggestions that I think may help. I'll start with the About Us page:

Your back story is interesting and paints the picture of a passionate real person, which is great because customers are looking for authenticity:
20-06-3lnlo-fpal6
It will help for SEO purposes, but you could also take this as an opportunity to tell the customer what your mission is to improve their lives. How do you anticipate your products adding value to their day-to-day? What impact are you looking to make on your community and/or culture at large?

On your product pages the descriptions are great, but the alignment to the right is counter-intuitive to the human eye, which reads from left-to-right. Can you center it at all?

20-06-zr2z5-zk6bp

Could you perhaps add Dynamic Checkout to your theme?

Customers can use the dynamic checkout button to quickly buy the product they're viewing. They skip the cart and complete their payment with the checkout method displayed on the button. The button dynamically changes to reflect the customer's preferred accelerated checkout method.

I'm not sure if you're using a Shopify free theme or a paid third-party theme. If the latter, you will need to consult your theme help documentation or contact their support. However, if you're using a Shopify theme you can follow the guide for that here.

When I was on your store I noticed you didn't have your favicon set up. This is a really cool feature and it makes the page look a lot more trustworthy and professional. The favicon is the little logo you see in the tabs on your browser.
Monosnap_2018-05-21_14-12-43

If you're using a Shopify free theme you can add your own logo to your store in the theme editor by going to Theme settings > Favicon here:

09-43-glt6f-lqe2e

If you're using a paid theme, once again you'll have to check the documentation and/or contact the theme's support.

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1747 108 313

Dear gordb,

Congratulation for your store.

Hope following suggestion will help you:

• Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 20-25 . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile
  • Go for dynamic search
  • Over All Text , Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc to make it more elegant - Make your store well-organized, neat and visually appealing and add to the user experience.
  • Balancing color ., font images etc. - Maintain the same or similar colours and fonts throughout your store to keep your branding intact.
  • Highlight your USP - What's unique about you and your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  • Add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Product filter for easy navigation - Categorize & filter products by their size, colour or type so users find product to product navigation easy.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Cart Page : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
  • Add a Blog section - it will be helpful for seo and traffic

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 17 82

Hey @gordb ,

I checked your website and it is pretty neat. Loving the website theme and how clean it is. Let me share you a couple of tips that'll help you increase in traffic and sales.

1. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.

2. I recommend you to strengthen your social activity in Facebook and Instagram by posting on regularly, and doing more targeted ads (https://www.facebook.com/business) as this will increase awareness and publicity of your website and help in having more traffic.

3. Add Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Use wish list data to inform promotions, pricing adjustments, and other marketing decisions.

4. One simple and effective e-commerce marketing idea to reduce the frequency of abandoned carts is an email recovery campaign, which can convince your visitors to make a return visit and complete their original purchase.

5. A reason that your customers/visitors are leaving quickly can be due to lack of confidence in buying from your store. One the best ways to gain customer confidence is prominently displaying user-generated content like product reviews & testimonials

6. I suggest you try using product badges to let you make more sales from your customers by highlighting key product details. You can even use badges to tap into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency to boost sales. 

Hope these feedbacks be of help to you. 

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
95 5 21

Hi Gordon,

I had a quick look at your store and it's really good. Loved the collections!!

Here are some suggestions that you can consider :

1. Favicon should be added as it makes your website more identical.

2. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.

3. Customer Testimonials could be added to increase trust among shoppers.

4. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

I hope above points helps :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi @Hyde 

Many thanks for your thoughtful feedback! I corrected the right justification on the product page, so thanks for calling that out, and I spent a fun few hours creating a favicon, which I hadn't thought about before. I'll continue on to the About Us page. I'll research the dynamic checkout as I use a paid theme and I know they offer it, but I want to read up about it before I turn it on.

Thanks again!

Gordon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi @oscprofessional 

Thanks for your feedback.  I'll work through these items to help my website. 

Best regards,

Gordon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Thanks for the suggestions @MS-WEB-DESIGNER. I'll be working through the items to improve my site. I'd never thought of a banner on the collection page, so particularly keen on that one.

Cheers,

Gordon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi @Fayzmo 

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions for my site. I appreciate the reminder to be more active on social media, something I've been a bit slow on, and your other suggestions. I've added a favicon now. Will add social proof as I start to get sales.

Cheers,

Gordon

0 Likes