Looking for feedback on my new shop, Midzi

Solved
2 0 0

Hi there,

I launched my store https://midziclothing.com/ just over a week ago and have spent just over $200 in Facebook advertising so far. I'm getting some traffic, about 40 visits a day, but no sales. A few details:

• My store is pretty niche - we sell African theme-d t shirts & accessories
  • Our target audience currently is people in the US who identify as being of Africa heritage. Our targeting on Facebook reflects that. Over that last few days I've made little tweaks to the advertising (wording, image choices, etc) but haven't seen any shift
  • I recently added reviews to help build some credibility, although right now they are only from friends and family whom I asked to do so after sending them samples
  • I also just added a contact us form (previously it was just our email)

I would love any and all feedback on my store and any thoughts on what you think I could work on to get some sales.

Thanks,

Yvonne

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 7 12

Hey there, @YGMidzi!

First off, congratulations on launching your store! At a glance, your store looks great visually. Your product pages look organized and easy to read, which is all great news. With that said, there are a couple of suggestions I would like to offer on how you can test your website to optimize conversions.

1) Main header navigation. I would suggest using your main navigation at the top for strict products. While having an about us or contact page is necessary to have on your store, you can get away with having those pages in your bottom menu at the footer of the page. This gives you additional real estate in your main menu to break down your products into specifics. This makes it easier and faster for your customers to find what they are looking for and ultimately reach checkout. I provided an example in this screenshot here to give you some ideas. I recommend checking out other popular apparel websites such as Fashion Nova and Kith for navigation layout inspiration!

2) Your Facebook ads. Running Facebook ads are fairly easy to set up and get going, but a great advertising campaign that yields a positive Return on Investment (ROI) is going to take research, time, and dedication. It's beyond getting X number of visitors to your store through your ads, but the quality (relevant customers) of the traffic is crucial. We have a guide here that is very useful to those getting started with Facebook Ads.

Try implementing these and let me know if it helps!

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Success.

Hi Yvonne

For a new store, it can take a few days and up to a week before someone converts into a customer... if you have the right audience and creative (ad copy and image). Making changes every few days is not always a good idea. Here is feedback on how to take what is already a good store and make it better

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would look at how to make your collection pages more SEO friendly.

3. I would work on your homepage as it's lacking any content about who you are.

4. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have white vs non-white background right now. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Clothing Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

3. The section at the bottom of product pages that show other product is great. Maybe for the hoodies , you can show other collections? Like show me some t-shirts as well. That way it's just not one product option being shown to me

4. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes

Hi @YGMidzi ,

I reviewed your store. Here are a few things you might consider changing.

Homepage: Need more work on the homepage layout. Check the homepage flow. You can add more sections on the homepage such as ‘blogs’, ‘New arrivals’, ‘offers & discount banners’ to engage users.

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user.

Mobile View: The front banner is cutting from the side in the mobile view. Also, the checkout button is cutting off in mobile view. I would suggest making a mobile your first priority. Check everything on your mobile-first from structure to design, check each and every element of your website on the mobile view.

Images: Your website images don’t look responsive to many devices. You need to fix it.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Grow Online Sales with Mobile Optimization: Work on performance optimization to increase visitors and sales. Your mobile speed score is very low i.e. 42%. It should be above 80%.

2019-11-12_11-59.jpg
Facebook Ads: For Facebook Advertising, you should first focus on your targeted audience. The audience should be narrow down with targeted location, interest-based group, demographics, etc. Soon you will collect the lookalike audience and can start remarketing as well, and then you can get even better results.

Google ads: If you want to increase sales I would recommend to start off Google Shopping ads. It becomes easier to get conversion and grow your business with Google Ads.

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Custom Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Web Development
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
435 19 51
Hey, here are some suggestions you need to work on:-

1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

Slideshow Image 
Collection List 
Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with link to about page ) 
Newsletter Sign Up 
Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4

2.  You need to engage your visitors coming on your site. Make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand. It will reduce the bounce rate and will boost your sales. 
Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Great feedback, thank you! I will work on these and let you know how it works out :)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
488 25 99

Hi @YGMidzi 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After looking I couldn't find a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

You might consider adding reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

Also I noticed that you don't have a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

Also I noticed that you don't have a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

I wasn't able to find an always visible buy button. Every extra step that a customer has to go through, makes it more likely for them not to buy from you. If you are getting a lot of customers coming to your store, but not buying, one of the reasons might be that it is just a bit too hard. If you can make your buy button always visible (especially important when people are on their phones), it can help more of your customers want to buy from you, I wrote an app that can help with that https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales .

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 170

Hey Midziclothing., 

I have reviewed your store and the first impression of the store is good but I can confront you to some of the things in a very simple way, it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user-friendly and eventually leads to sales.

1. Favicon is missing.

2. For engaging new customers, add a section of best-selling products, instead of individual products.

3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. Please add some more blogs, as it seems empty which doesn't look great.

5. Also, You have around 44 products and the visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://midziclothing.com/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

6. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.

7. You can also install one of the most popular apps Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Tourist
33 3 2

Hi Yvonne,

As a regular customer, I think your store looks pretty good. The design looks very neat and professional. Only a few small things that I notice

Screenshot_5.pngYou don't have a favicon

Screenshot_6.pngyour Youtube channel don't have an avatar

Screenshot_7.pngthe front pic looks a bit blurry to me. This is the first impression that you have with customers, and I think a high quality image would do the job better.

All small things, I know. But sometimes those things matter.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes

Hi Yvonne (@YGMidzi),

Have you tried testing out some spending on Google Ads? Social media advertising can be great as you can tap into specific demographics, but it can be hard to target intent. If someone goes to Google and searches for "t-shirts for Americans who have African heritage" there is clear intent that you can tap into and capitalise on. All forms of advertising are useful and can work, I'm just looking for what might start working quickly for you.

Just had a quick look at your store. It looks great. I'm not sure about the "Our Collections" section. There's no text showing for me, and so I'm unsure what those images are linking through to.

Also, I would like to see more shots of people wearing the clothes, with links through to buy items being worn. First, you need to sell the brand/concept/values, and then you can sell the actual products.

Hope that helps - Gareth 

Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.
0 Likes